Author's Note | Update

| | |

Author's Note Update: 29 June 2020

| | |

'As the Crows Fall' was named the Grand Winner of ONC 2020!

Can you believe it? I never thought my murder children would make it this far.

Please note that although 'As the Crows Fall' has been lightly edited, this is a first draft. It is far from perfect. If you see typos, plot holes or have any questions, please let me know! It is useful for future editing and for helping me grow as a writer. I welcome feedback, good and bad, though I ask that you remain respectful.

To my returning readers, welcome back. To any new readers, welcome to the madness! I appreciate each and every one of you.

Thank you for giving 'As the Crows Fall' a chance. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

❤ Rui (蕊)

| | |

A paranormal revenge story with roots in Chinese mythology. 

| | |

Sub-themes: Chinese culture, Chinese mythology, LGBT+ relationships, disability.
Contains (trigger warning): violence, murder, death, use of strong language as well as allusions to  abuse, trauma, assault.

| | |

'They find themselves on two sides of the same coin, counting fate like they do the stars in the sky, hoping for a better day, a happier life, a brighter world in the shadows they call home.'

| | |

Original Author's Note: April 2020

| | |

Hi,

I'm Rui (蕊).

This is my entry for the Open Novella Contest 2020.

Last year, I wrote Card Painter for ONC 2019. This year, I am writing an entirely different story in an entirely different genre in a style I've never done before.

For those of you who have been around since the "Monkey Boy" days, I am using a different aspect of the same mythology that I used for that story. If you are curious, look up Xuanwu and the heavenly creatures that correspond to the five elements in Chinese philosophy. 

There will be occasional Chinese in this story. I will make sure that the meaning is either stated in the story, or written in a short glossary at the end of the chapter. Note that I will be sticking to Mandarin in this tale, as well as the occasional Cantonese.

❤ Rui

| | |

Cover, banner images, and content are my own. 
© Copyright All Rights Reserved
Please do not use anything without my permission.
Steal my work and I will eat your lungs (✿◉‿◉)

| | |