Chapter 3: The Boy in the River

I opened the door to see a man focused on painting. His blue and green feathers shinned against the lights in the room. I thought he was wearing a tailcoat, I was wrong. His peacock tail trailed down on the floor with grace. There were the occasional paint splatters on his feathers. He was too focused on his painting. "Um knock knock?" I said softly. Nothing. "Excuse me?" I said a little louder. Taehyung paused his music. I was mesmerized. He looked so unreal, almost like a doll

"Hello!" He smiled brightly. Oh my God. He's cute and handsome.

"Umm hi. I'm your roommate. " I said. He stood up. Even the way he moves is graceful....oh...he just tripped over his stool. I couldn't help but giggle. He blushed in embarrassment and smiled a little.

"I'm Taehyung. Your feathers are cool." He said as he poked my eyebrows. I didn't even know I had some there. "They're like baby hairs! Itty bitty feathers!" he explained. Can I adopt him?

"Thank you. Your feathers are majestic." I complimented him. He pointed me to the direction of my bed. The room was quite large and had open space. Even though the other half of the room was empty for me, he still kept to his side with painting. There were 15 mote paintings drying.

"Taehyung, your paintings are amazing. Namjoon told me you and Jungkook worked on them." I said.

"Yeah. When I first got here 3 hours ago, the walls were so empty and I could not handle it. I asked Joon if he had any paintings. There was none so I took the opportunity to ask if there were any art supplies. I could never afford it and I found myself painting for hours now." he explained.

"Taehyung, it's been more than 3 hours...it's been 3 days," I told him. His face froze.

"No wonder Jungkook kept coming in. I got so lost in art I lost track of the time."

"We should clean this up and go get some sleep," I said.

"No, I can do it. You need to sleep."

"Taehyung we both just killed ourselves. You overworked yourself tonight let me at least help you." I said. Taehyung sighed

"It's a shame, someone, as kind as you didn't become an angel," he said. I blushed as I quickly began to clean up the paints. We spent about an hour cleaning and we sat down to take a break.

"Damn you really outdid yourself," I said out of breath.

"Yeah. I didn't catch your name. You seem to know mine."

"F/n."

"F/n? Cute name."

"Thanks."

There was silence.

"So..I don't know how sensitive this is for you, but how could someone as motherly as you get here?" He asked.

"I learned a lot from my mother. Now that I think about it, she was the last person I thought about. I instantly regretted it after I jumped off that rooftop."

"What about the rest of your family? Your friends? Boyfriend? You must have had a boyfriend." he questioned getting closer every time he asked a question me. He put emphasis on boyfriend as he pointed and pouted at me.

"What makes you think that? I was bullied." I playfully nudged him

"They are missing out. You're girlfriend material." Our faces went red.

"So how did you go out?"

"Well f/n, I jumped in the Han river and never came back to the top," he said.

"You're Kim Taehyung. The one on the news!" I said

"So I'm famous now? You should see your news headlines. It's a shame people mourned you after you die." he said sadly.

"What?"

Taehyung pulled out a newspaper.

"To keep it simple, your mother made action towards the youth who bully people and is an inspirational speaker. She's getting good pay, but for the wrong reasons. You can tell she's sad. 

"I would give up all my money in a heartbeat to have my daughter back." That's what your mother said. You're lucky to have a parent like that."

I begin to tear up at his words. "Omma...I miss you. I'm happy she has money since we were financially struggling before...but I regret everything." I lose it there. I was bawling. I felt a hand come around to my shoulder and another on the top of my hand.

"Cry it all out. Do it now if you don't want to be vulnerable to anyone else in the future. You can be vulnerable to me. I won't take it as an advantage, I promise. I am here to help. You don't always have to tell me what's up in times like this. I'll always be here. The more you tell me, the more I can help, but I won't shove myself into your personal problems if you don't need me to." he said. It made me cry more. He's like family, everyone here is like family.

"Taehyung...thank you."

"Always. Let's finish this in the morning. I can tuck you in if you want."

"I'm not a baby!" I pouted.

"But I want to tuck you in." he pouted back. We found ourselves laughing at each other.

"Goodnight Taehyung."

"Call me Tae, Goodnight f/n"

"Goodnight Tae."

Yes, that is Tae as a peacock. Here is a closer look.