Chapter 12: Day Shift

"Wake up!" I heard Taehyung in my ear.

"Why are you so cheery?" I asked as I wiped of the sweat from my forehead.

"My nightmares have been decreasing lately, still sucky, but not as terrible as they normally are."

"Lucky" I pouted

We head to eat breakfast everyone was there but Jungkook and Jin.

"Good morning," Namjoon has our favorite beverages waiting for use in our normal eating spots. Jimin sat at the counter eating his waffles tiredly. Namjoon looks relaxed and relieved, but his eyes show that he didn't sleep too well. A black letter came through a small portal. Namjoon caught it and opened it.

"Boss wants me to read this out loud. To the Grim Alliance, my deepest apologies for sending your night shifters on such a dangerous task. I won't lie when I say I had high expectations, but it was wrong of me to assign a 2 man job when you really needed 3 or more. Expect another Grim by next month. In the meantime, make sure your whole team begins working by next week. Work your asses off or you may get a finger flick. Sincerely apologizing, Lord of Death." Namjoon read out loud.

"Yeesh, a little harsh," Jin said as he came in with an empty tray.

"Is Jungkook doing okay?" Hoseok asked as he took a bite of a muffin. Jin nodded as he took a sip of his coffee from the blue mug he held in his hands.

"He's healing up alright, I can take over his night shift." Jin volunteered.

"No, it's alright. I will resume my shift and Felix will help me tonight. Even though I hate to take him off his break, but he insisted." Namjoon explained.

"Hey Taehyung, f/n, are you ready to shadow today?" Hobi asked.

"Heck yeah!"

"Jimin you're gonna stay with me until you fully understand your forms, once you're ready we can go out," Namjoon explained.

"But you have night shifts," Jin argued.

"But I want to go out." he laughed.

After breakfast, Tae and I changed into some more casual clothing, rather than our pajamas.

"F/n you're coming with me. Tae, go with Hoseok."Jin instructed as he handed a necklace to Taehyung and I. The necklace was a small cube with buttons on each side.

"This button opens to different portals. Your blue one opens to the outside world, where ever you desire to be. The red one is the base, where you pick up your assignments for the day and for other matters, the black on is to the Boss's place, and the green one is for home. The other two buttons are custom." Hoseok explained.

We all went through the portal that sent us to headquarters. It was a giant library, only the sections had the name of different groups. Jin and Hoseok grabbed the identical black books that were next to each other. The only thing that made them different, was the gold lettering on the binding which had their names on it. 

I saw the other books wit the other members' names, including mine. I picked it up and turned the pages of the book.

"There is nothing on it?" I asked

"Same here," Tae said confusingly

"You two don't have any assignments yet. You'll get them when Namjoon or the boss thinks your ready." Hoseok explained.

"Let's go. I'll see you two later." Jin waved off to Tae and Hobi. He placed his book into his white and black satchel. I placed mine in the bag that Namjoon gave me. Maybe this was the main reason why he got this Hermionie's bag.