The Way He Looks- Chapter 9

A/N: 

Wow okay, these A/N's are quite annoying so I'm going to stop writing them in the beginning of the stories and just put them at the end. But, I'm going to start doing that in the next book because if I do it now, my OCD will act up and I’ll be bothered by the fact that some part of the book has the beginning A/N and the other doesn't. Anyways, here's chapter nine of The Way He Looks! *wowey double update in one week*

<><><><> 

The next day, PJ spent his entire day avoiding Dan. It really frustrated how Dan how jealous PJ was getting; it wasn’t like he was completely shutting PJ out from his life. He just wanted to spend some time with other friends, well, with his only other friend.

PJ was acting like they were bound at the hip and that Dan couldn’t do anything that didn’t include PJ. It seemed like everyone around him was doing that. Dan didn’t have many people in his life, but his parents and PJ made most of it and they were both acting this way. Dan was his own person yet he felt as if he was just somebody’s dog, tied onto an invisible leash for most of his life.

Then again, Dan couldn’t help but feel like he was treating Phil like this. Thinking about it, he always expected Phil to meet him after school, hung out with him practically every day, and got pretty upset when anything about Carrie was brought up. Even though he may not have made it as obvious as PJ, he felt as if he was getting pretty clingy.

But, he couldn’t help himself. Phil was the only one in his life at the moment that didn’t treat Dan as some sort of poor charity project, unable to do things on his own just because he was blind. And, Dan didn’t want to lose that, so Dan did what anybody else would do and held on.

Dan sat outside on the usual bench, hoping PJ would see him alone and come talk to him. He sat in the same position for what seemed like hours before he felt a presence next to him. He immediately perked up from his slouching position and smiled. But, his hopes and shoulders quickly fell once he heard Phil’s voice.

“What are you doing here sitting all alone?” Phil asked casually, and Dan sighed. “I was waiting for PJ,” Dan quickly made up an excuse to make it seem like him and PJ weren’t in a fight, “He was supposed to walk me home today.” Dan leaned back in the seat, relaxing a bit since he didn’t have to act all nice and cheery for Phil.

“What are you talking about?” Phil asked, sounding confused, “PJ just walked passed you like five minutes ago.” Dan groaned and slid his hand over his face. He was just about to get up before a thought came into his head. “So, you were watching me for the last five minute?” he smirked before feelings Phil’s hand slap his back lightly.

“Do you want me to walk you home or not?” Phil asked and Dan quickly hopped up. Phil took Dan’s wrist and placed it around his arm and began to walk.

Just as the two of them were about to cross the road, Dan heard Sam, one of the boys that always teased him, call out his name. “Found a new boyfriend, have we Danny boy?” he laughed along with two of his idiotic friends. Dan stopped in his place and was almost about to turn around before feeling Phil’s arm tense up under his hand. So, instead of doing anything rash, Dan simply sighed and pulled out his middle finger before hearing Sam’s friends burst out into ‘oohs’ as he and Phil walked off.

<><> 

The evening, Dan sat at the dining table with his parents. His school was going on some sort of camping trip and Dan really wanted to go. Practically everybody was going, including PJ and Phil. And, if Dan didn’t go, he’d be stuck at the school with about ten other students, getting forced to stay in a room all day and do nothing. Not to mention, Carrie was also going so it was absolutely a top priority for Dan to go to that trip.

“So, there’s this trip the school is having,” Dan mumbled, his face directed towards the table, “It’s in Florida for a week and I was wonde--”

“Absolutely not,” Dan’s mom interrupted before he could say anything. Dan frowned and threw his arms up. “You didn’t even let me explain!” he shouted, “Will you quit acting like I’m a five year old that you need to keep an eye out 24/7?”

His mother remained silent and Dan took that as a queue to continue talking. “Thank you,” he sighed before resuming his previous question, “So, the trip is all paid for and there are tons of teachers there to chaperone me and PJ is going and so is Phil, and pretty much the whole school, so if I don’t go I’m going to be stuck in one room at school doing nothing educational all day.”

He waited for a few seconds before hearing his dad sigh. “Your mother wants to call your school first,” he said and Dan groaned. “But mom, I just told you ever--”

“Daniel, I’m not letting you go to a completely different country without having any clue asides from what you told about what’s going to happen,” she said sternly and Dan scoffed before getting up from the table and walking out the room. “Okay, whatever,” he muttered inaudibly “As long as I get to get away from you two.”

<><><><> 

Yeah, it’s a bit short, sorry but that. I still hope you guys enjoyed! Don’t forget to leave feedback and thank you for reading!

*I haven't proof read neither this chapter or the last one so sorry about the typos, I'm just a bit lazy rn*