Chapter 1

Chapter Published: Oct 5, 2020.

Update #1: Sep 26, 2021.

This update fixes some spelling errors I missed the first time around. It also includes some small changes to some paragraphs and dialog that I thought were needed.

——————————

Deep within the bowls of the Decepticon warship, the Nemesis, the Insecticons had gathered within one of the ship's many chambers. The hive has claimed said chamber for themselves, to act as a onboard hive for their kind. Inside one could see some of the Insecticons clinging to the walls and ceiling in their insect form while others are in their bipedal form on the floor. Currently they were discussing amongst each other with chitters, growls, and the occasionally screeching as they discuss something most dire.

"Our numbers have been dwindling ever since we've awoken!"

"The hives strength has dropped drastically!"

"You think we haven't noticed fragger!"

"What did you call me you glitch!"

"Would both of you slag heads shut up!"

"Make me you-"

"ENOUGH!!!"

All noise was silenced by the shout. The Insecticons all collectively turn their heads to the one who had shouted. There stood one of their brothers. He was a little bigger then the rest of his kin and instead of the normal black colored plating that all Insecticons have his was instead a dull blue. There's also the fact that his visor was glowing orange instead of red.

This Insecticon was know as Mandible.

"We are suppose to be discussing a way to fix our current conundrum, not argue like a bunch of hatchlings!" Mandible screeches at his brothers. Some of his brothers looked a little sheepish, realizing how they had acted. "Now lets get back on track. Ahem! With the death of our mightiest warrior, Hardshell, our hive is no longer at the strength it once was. There's also the fact that we lost a lot of our kin when Arachnid ordered us to attack to attack the Nemesis." The other Insecticons hiss aggressively at the mention of the witch. "There's also the threat of her returning to seize control of us once more."

"That glitch is a usurper, a false queen!"

"She forces her will onto us and we have no way to stop her!"

"That is why we are here to begin with!"

"Then might I propose a suggestion then?" Mandible chitters. This got him the attention of his brothers, so he continues. "I believe I've found a way to solve both of our problems." This got the other Insecticons to growl questionable at him.

"Do tell us your supposed proposal that would solve our problems then brother."

"I suggest that we turn the human femme that killed Hardshell into our new queen." Mandibles suggestion was met with silence for a few moments before they all started roaring in outrage.

"You dare suggest we make that human our queen!?"

"The same human that is aligned with the Autobots!?"

"The one that killed our mightiest warrior!?"

More and more Insecticons made their displeasure of the suggestion know and Mandible could see some of his brothers look ready to turn him into scrap metal for it.

"Let me explain my reasoning before you decide to tear my head off!" Mandible spoke.

Taking a moment to calm themselves the Insecticons spoke to each other through their shared hive mind, making sure to block out Mandible from it. As the others conversed Mandible went over his explanation in his head and fixed any flaws he found to his argument. After awhile his Insecticon brothers finished their debate and made their verdict known.