•16•

It had been a while since I had an excuse to dress up, so I wanted to go all out. And plus, Trent had disrespected me, so I had to make him realise who he's talking to with all that chest.

After what felt like the whole night, I finally decided on what I wanted to wear. Since the long awaited summer had finally come around, I picked out a floral mini dress and minimal makeup.

One last look in the mirror and I was ready to go

One last look in the mirror and I was ready to go. Just as I got to the door, there was a knock.

"Oh hi Jesse. What are you doing here?" He looked at me like he was stuck in a trance as his eyes shamelessly observed every curve of my body.

"You look stunning. Trent is so dumb, talking to you the way he does. If you were mine-"

"I'd treat you like the queen you are. Yeah, yeah. I've heard that one a couple of times, but thanks for the effort. Now answer my question."

"Oh, I came to escort you to the venue. I assumed you had no one else to get you there since Trent is mad at you."

"Oh, well thanks. And that suit is alright you know."

"I mean.... it could be the suit. Or maybe it's just me."

"Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the suit."

"By the way, Marcus, Jadon, and Dele are coming with us."

"How fun." I said sarcastically as we made it towards the entrance.

"What's wrong, that sounds like any girl's fantasy."

"Yeah well unlike other girls, I have standards and I wouldn't just throw myself at any decent looking footballer."

"Well I know a certain Virgil Van Dijk who would say otherwise."

"Shut up, you're not allowed to make that joke. And besides, he's far more than just 'decent looking'" I said as he laughed, opening the passenger door to his car for me.

"Hi everyone, I'm Alaïah."

"The mentor, yeah we know. You introduced yourself on the first day." Jadon was the first to speak up.

"Oh, yeah."

"So you're the one Trent and Jesse have been going on about? Where is Trent by the way?" Dele asked.

"Oh he's off somewhere being a child but let's not talk about him, I refuse to let him ruin my night."

For the rest of the drive, the music played in the background of our conversations. We finally pulled up to a building and we walked in to be greeted by a grand entrance area. A man in a black suit escorted is to a large room where some of the boys already were.

When we got in I approached the table that the head, Gareth Southgate, was seated at along with some of the other coaches.

"Hi Gareth."