Chapter 3

"Have you already heard the latest news from HAUM?" Horatio asked.

"The 'rumor' that their smart homes collect and pass on all you data?" Josh asked back. "We've actually known that for a long time, the problem is to prove it."

"Yes and also that they're selling them. I also don't have exact information, but someone should definitely take care of that as long as everyone's talking about that issue."

"Well, they are just doing what all these big companies are doing," Max stated. "I mean, isn't that kind of obvious? I just don't understand. Whenever something goes public, for example that Invite has somehow misused data...again...everyone gets upset, but seem not to care or forget about it within a few days. They still continue to support them and put this voice control crap everywhere, even though something is already known. I have the feeling nobody really cares or just doesn't want to.

"That's true, unfortunately," Sitara answered. "So it's even more important that these companies don't have a single quiet moment and all their mistakes go viral. I want people to finally wake up."

"That would be great but also extremely difficult to achieve," Max nodded poking the sand. "Fighting large companies and especially capitalism itself is one of the hardest fights you can take part in I think..."

"That only makes it more important not to give up," Sitara agreed. "You can still be annoying as fuck to these companies, even dangerous and I will be that as long as I can. I think we can have our chance to fight them, if we're able to create a movement. The people are powerful We just have to stay optimistic."

"Sometimes it's not that easy to be honest. Not even thinking positive, but you're right. Maybe I just need a few more achievements or moments of success. I didn't really have that for a long time," Max smiled.

"At least painting is going pretty well, isn't it? We already tagged some really cool places," Sitara grinned.

"Yeah, sure," Max laughed. "That feels really good again, but I mean...something more. The feeling that you actually can change something. Also I didn't have a lot of positive moments for a long time before I moved here, but I don't really want to talk about that now. What about tomorrow? Are we going to finish what we started today?" she asked Sitara.

"Of course!", she replied, before she told the others. "We still have to finish one of our works from today. "Maybe we can drop by at the garage afterwards, if you still need a little help," Sitara suggested and looked at Max, who just shrugged and nodded. "However, I actually still have a lot to do...the website is still not done yet and our posters also still need some finishing touches."

"Maybe I could help you a little, if you like. Well, if there is something I can do..." Max interjected.

"I'm not sure..." Sitara hesitated. "At least I have to take care of the posters myself. The concept for the new website is actually ready so far, it just has to be built..."

"Well, I could try it, if you like. I don't have anything to do tomorrow anyway. If you give me your draft, I could do my best and at least build its basic structure. You'd still have to check if it's okay though and everything is the way you wanted. At least I could get started while you take care of your posters," Max suggested. "Also...what is it actually for?"

Sitara looked a little uncertain at first, but then she started grinning and exchanged a moment of nonverbal communication with the others, before they nodded back at her. Max was a little confused what that should mean and looked at them questioningly.

"What other skills do you have? Do you know how to code?" Josh asked slightly excited. He was probably just happy to find something they had in common, Max assumed.