Chapter 4: Waltz of the Wicked

WARNING: Suggestive themes and language. Also...Morgana x Mordred. And shortness. I apologize.

.......................................

Chapter 4: Waltz of the Wicked

"You had one fucking job!" I yelled. "How the hell was I supposed to know who'd be back?" "You couldn't even sense when Gwaine was the first one back, and they found each other. At least we were able to deal with him before Merlin got to him. And now, you've let Guinevere take Merlin out for some damn coffee!" I stormed past Mordred, and into the main parlor of the old, abandoned house we were living in. "What do you want me to do, Morgana?" he asked. I turned to face him, "You use your damn gift, and get rid of any more of them before they find Merlin."

He stepped closer to me, and took one of my hands. "I'm sorry, Morgana. But...you need to relax. It's only those two. It was months between when he met Gwaine and Gwen. There's plenty of others to come before Arthur returns, or for Merlin to figure out what the hell is going on." I stared at him, and took a step closer. "You're right. I'm sorry I yelled." I rested my head against his chest. "I understand," he whispered as his arms snaked around me, "I'll make sure he meets no one else...then he really will lose all hope." I could sense the smirk I just knew was on his face. I looked up and smirked along with him.

"Poor little Emrys, missing all his friends. The letters he writes are hysterical." I whispered softly as I placed my lips against his neck. He pulled me closer to him, and sighed softly. "They mostly consist of: Oh, Arthur, I miss you so much!" I said, over dramatizing it. He laughed, and spun me as if we were dancing. "Oh, my queen, does he drone on and on about how much he loves Arthur?" "Of course! I wonder why we never really noticed it before!"

We danced our way through the room, and up the staircase, as we ended in front of our bedroom door. He leaned forward and kissed my lips lovingly. "Shall we get some sleep, my queen?" he asked, his lips still near mine. "Oh, dearest Mordred..." I pulled away from him and eased the door open. I took his hand and pulled him forward as I walked into the bedroom. "There will be little to no sleep tonight."
..............................

Three Days Later:

I slept in until noon.

I went into the kitchen to make a semi-decent breakfast, even though it was lunch time. George stumbled in the front door. "You alright, Merlin?" he slurred. "Yes, now get your ass to bed." I told him. He nodded and stumbled into his bedroom. I rolled my eyes and returned to my breakfast of cheesy scrambled eggs, and bacon.

My text alert went off the moment I sat down. It was a text from Jen, I don't recall giving her my number.

Jen- Hey, Merlin! It's Jennifer, and sorry if this is a little creepy, but Ally gave me your mobile number. I wanted to know if you wanted to go for coffee again?

I sighed. Did I want to go? Kind of. She was nice, super nice, but she is too much like Guinevere. And...she reminds me of Arthur.

Merlin - Sure!

Her reply was all but instantaneous.

Jen - Great! About an hour?

Merlin - Sounds good :)

I ate my breakfast and went to go get ready. I took a quick shower, and threw on a pair of jeans and my favorite hoodie. My phone buzzed with a text alert, it was Jen saying she'd be there to get me in five minutes. I grabbed my keys and wallet, and waited.