CHAPTER 5

Lisa POV

It was 8AM in the morning and it is super cold for me. I am not used to the weather this cold as Thailand is always warm. I woke up with blankets all over my body. My hair is messy and can never be recovered due to heavy sleeping yesterday. I went out of the house to throw something out with the blanket all over me at the same time.

Bam! Jisoo's door is open and she is also with a blanket! Are we like friends for life? She looked at me and laughs. I did the same.

Jisoo : "Where are you going? Why are you with blanket? Are throwing out stuff? Do you have any plans today? Wanna hang out? I think I talk too fast in the morning."

Jisoo became shy again but I am amused at her energy in the morning. She talks so fast I was dumfounded for a while.

Lisa : "Oh yeah, throwing something out and yeah you talk too fast I can't really catch it. But why are you with blankets too? I wanted to explore Seoul today, want to be my tour guide? I can treat you food if you want too.."

Her eyes was shining bright listening to me treating her food. She immediately agreed to be my tour guide for the day. She said she was bored and have nothing better to do.

We agree to get ready by 9.15AM and both of us get back to our house. I have no idea how to take bath in this weather but being someone who is used to taking my bath in the morning, I did it and when the shower ended, I shouted because it's freaking cold even though I have a floor warmer in my apartment. What sorcery is this?! Is the weather try to kill me.

With almighty power I have, I managed to be outside of the door at 9:13AM. Jisoo appeared 2 minutes after. She was excited more than me. Makes me wonder, who is new to Seoul? Me or her.

She was singing while going down the lift and her voice is so nice to hear. I joined her humming as I have no idea what song she was singing.

Once we are down, she just shout at me to go pass the Food Sanctuary restaurant. She was so fast that I need to walk fast too passing the restaurant. I think someone was watching me from the shop but I have no time to check it out as I am busy looking at the signboard to learn more about the direction.

I told Jisoo to stop walking to fast and she looked like a chicken walking that fast. She just laugh it out but threatened me to buy more chickens for her. I was laughing at her request at the same time.

My intuition about someone looking at me was being put behind as I am so excited to explore Seoul.

Jisoo brought me to Namsan Tower first and I was so happy I am able to see the whole Seoul. Riding the cable car was a bit scary and I thought Jisoo is going to comfort me but she just ignored me and laugh at me all the way up. I guess she is truly a best friend I need here.

She shows me around Seoul and I took a lot of picture, some of it have Jisoo in it because she insisted her face to be in there. She said it's a waste a picture without a beauty. She's right, she is beautiful but I don't think I can love her like a lover. She is like my crazy best friend who laughs at you when you're in trouble.

She even brought me to Han River and we took pictures at "I Love Seoul". It's okay for me to take pictures right beside it because I'm still new here but I wonder why she must do the same. When I asked her, she just shrug it off and threatened me to more Fried Chicken if I ask again. I think she just like people taking her picture.

We ride bicycle around Han River and decided to have a race with each other. She lost the race as she have shorter legs than me. I was laughing for almost 10 minutes seeing her face became Red because she was not satisfied losing to me.

It was almost noon when we decided to eat in one of the shop at Hong Dae. Jisoo loves their Korean Fried Chicken there and spicy is the main flavour she ordered. She actually ordered 2 big buckets and I was surprised she said she can finish it. I ordered Gamjatang and surprisingly it was so nice!

Lisa : "Jisooo—yah, are you sure you can finish it? This is too much you know.. What revenge are you pulling at me?"

Jisoo : "Ha ha ha very funny Lisa but I can really eat all of this. I am hungry to all the race we've done just now. I can't believe I lost it! I always win in video games!! Not Fair.."

Lisa : "LOL Jisoo, better luck next time.

I was still laughing until I remember the restaurant near our house. Food Sanctuary. I decided to ask Jisoo about it.

Lisa : "Jisoo, how long have you been living in your apartment?

Jisoo : "About 6-7 months already. I moved there because it is just nice for me and price is lower. Why do you ask?"

Lisa : "Just wondering have you seen the Food Sanctuary restaurant right opposite our apartment?"

Jisoo : "Yeah I saw it but never went there, I have no time most of it and rather have packed food going back to my apartment"

I just said oh after that and continue eating Gamjatang because it is sooo tasty and I can't stop eating it. Jisoo looked at me with amused eyes and started talking about Food Sanctuary restaurant.

Jisoo : "I heard that the restaurant serve the best Gamjatang and Fried Chicken. How about one day we go and try it there. Maybe dinner as we finish work at 5PM and can reach there about 6PM taking trains.

I agreed immediately to her idea and can't wait for the day to come. I wonder why my heart is asking me to go there and try their food.

Both of us finished our food and decided to go back because it is already 4PM. I can't believe that Jisoo ate the whole 2 buckets of chicken. She is really a powerful eater when it comes to chicken. I should name her Chicken Killer. That suites her personality.

We went back to our apartment and promise to go to work together and she will help me with my first day there. I was happy I found Jisoo and told my mom about her after we went back home.

I took my shower and lay on my bed early that day. I want to sleep early as tomorrow is my first day working but my mind keeps on thinking about food sanctuary restaurant.

I decided to go out to my veranda while having my blankets all over me and look over the shop. I saw again the woman with wavy black hair waving good bye to the same girl I saw yesterday. I could not see her properly because it's kind of far. I live in level 7 and I can only see small figures.

I also saw her holding a kid's hand going back in the shop. I wonder who she is and why she keeps on disturbing my mind. I will go and have dinner with Jisoo tomorrow at the restaurant.

I went back to my bed and sleep dreaming about that mysterious girl.