3

"I'm bored.. But wait, I can't play with him? Why?"

=============================

Eli looked at the embalmer, confused. "We ban you and him to have a match together."

"Don't you remember why you got sick? Isn't it because of him? You meet him in the midnight right?" Emily also turned to look at the embalmer with a confused look, why he acts like he doesn't know about this.

Aesop frowned. Since when he told them that he's meeting Joseph? "B-but I-"

"No, it's fine Aesop. You should just rest."

Aesop opened his mouth to say something but couldn't. Even so, he can't reveal his relationship between Joseph so.. He need to meet Joseph himself but, will the photographer listen to him? He can't imagine if everyone found out about this, plus the punishment the host would give them.

"Aesop, are you okay?" Emily hold his shoulders with her worried face.

"I-i'm okay.." The embalmer forced a smile. "I'll join this time. Then I'll rest again after this. Can I? I promise I would eat lunch and dinner later."

The doctor smiled as she nodded. Good! Now to think about how to talk with Joseph without anyone bothering them or suspecting them. Maybe hiding between the walls? But if they'll have a match at Lakeside Village then that's a no.

With a frown, Eli looked at the embalmer. He looks so focused with his thought. I wonder what's in his mind. I guess its fine as long as he doesn't torture himself like before.

"Alright then, its decided. Aesop will join us. I'll ask Vera and Patricia who want to switch with Aesop. Obviously I need to be in the match since Aesop isn't really in good condition. Then, excuse me. I'll go get ready." The doctor smiled as she walked away, heading to the clinic's direction.

"Aesop, you should get ready too. Do you want to enter the match with that pajamas?" The seer chuckled.

"Y-yes..! I'll be on my way now." Aesop blushed and started to run away. He didn't noticed that he didn't get changed yet.

Time skip brought to you by cute Aesop plush

Aesop was dressed in his usual grey english attire, his thumbs was fiddling together as usual when he's nervous. He was with Eli, Emily, and Vera. The hunter didn't arrive yet so they need to wait a little bit longer.

Looking at the embalmer seems so nervous that he keeps looking down, Eli got worried. "Hey. Are you okay?"

Aesop flinched and turned his attention to the seer. "Y-yes I am.."

"Call my name if the hunter is near, I'll make sure to protect you."

The embalmer forced a smile as he nodded. No, it wasn't about the match. Its about he's nervous how he was supposed to explain everything to Joseph. What if he still won't listen? What if he ignore his every single words like before? What if-

10, 9, 8...

The countdown started and the match would begin soon. Aesop was so caught up in his thought so he didn't pay attention to that. Soon, everything went dark as all of the survivors and hunter was teleported to a map.

Aesop looked around and its the map he recognized, Sacred Heart Hospital. He remembered Vera would always complain how she hated this map because its so dusty. The embalmer shrugged at the thought as he started running to the nearest cipher he could find.

He need to decode at least one to not make him looks suspicious because his only motive here was to meet Joseph. As he was running, he passed by some of the cameras and of course the hunter was Joseph. Typing on the cold rusty machine, the embalmer let out a sigh of relief. Their teammates was kind of far from him so he doesn't need to worry.

The light shone on the cipher machine as a sign the cipher machine was already decoded. He ran away and went to search for the photographer. His mind is full of thoughts but he's sure about this. He didn't want all of this end.

No.

I still love you, Joseph. Please..

His red pinkish stitched heart start beating faster with purple light around it shining, as a warning to the survivor that hunter was near. They're supposed to run away from it but Aesop is doing the opposite now.

The embalmer passed by a wall and peeked a bit with a small weak smile hidden behind his mask. Joseph was there.

2 ciphers left.

"J-joseph..? He could see the hunter turned around to look at him. Realising that it was the embalmer, Joseph's eyes widen.

"Wait- Don't go. Let me explain!" Aesop walked further and closer to the hunter without any fear. The fear he always feel when he was in the match with other hunters. But Joseph is different.

"No. Go away from me, liar."

Aesop flinched at his harsh tone. His heart sank at those words. Where's the soft voice and sweet words that would make the embalmer blush and smile? The pair of light blue eyes was looking at him. Its dark and dull, not like before. He can sense the anger.

"...at least plea--" A sharp pain suddenly stabbed his chest as his words was cut off. He fell on the ground with a loud thud as his vision went blurry. Fresh red crimson liquids flowed down from the big wound, surrounding him with red. The embalmer tried to move but the pain was too much for him to bear. "I-i... I r-really..... Love you.. J-joseph.." Aesop's left hand reached out for him with tears streaming down his face.

"AESOP!"

The embalmer heard someone called his name. Probably his teammate or anyone. He tried to respond to the voice, but his body refused.

Soon, everything went dark.