One

I was six when I first saw him.

I had been playing with my action figures and I knew I was being bad by staying up this late. I was supposed to be sleeping when his darkness oozed from the shadows in my closet. I didn't scream or make any sound.

Just stared. He looked really nice to me.

His eyes, the color of a brand new copper penny, seemed to glow in the darkness.

When my closet door closed, I jumped up to open it, only to float back to my bed in invisible arms. The darkness clouded my room, blocking the moonlight from seeping through the window.

"You should be in bed darling."

His voice sounded funny. As if the words he spoke were curved. Like he was from a different place. He didn't sound like me.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"Zen."

"What's a zen?" I asked him. He chuckled but never replied to me and just hummed as he set me in bed and pulled the covers over me. He wore a black sweater with his sleeves rolled up to show some sort of coloring on his arm.

His voice sounded nice. It lulled me to sleep.

I later learned about people like him. People that came from other places. And people who came from other places had an accent. Then I soon translated his name to Zayn from zen.

I asked my father about him, and he immediately moved me into his room out of fear.

Even after that, I still managed to gravitate back to my room every day to see him again. But he never showed. The only thing that was off, was the snake imprinted on my wall that only I managed to see.

I stopped going to my bedroom after three years of looking for him. Maybe he was just a figment of my imagination. My father realized I could have just been imagining things too and let me sleep in my room again.

He was there two weeks afterwards. The handsome stranger was there, watching my ten year old self fall asleep. I smiled, too young and innocent to realize how creepy it was.

"Happy tenth birthday darling." He whispered.

"Thank you Mister Zayn." I giggled.

"How come you stopped visiting me at night?" It sounded like he was pouting.

"I thought you disappeared." I smiled as he shadowed his way across my room. Is he going to talk to me?

"But you still left me." He said. His irises turned black along with the whites of his eyes. I was afraid of the site. It made me shake and back up against the wall in fear.

"Am I scaring you?"

I nodded in response to his question. He held his arms out, making the sleeves of his sweater roll up to reveal what I now knew were his tattoos, in a 'hug me' gesture.

"I'm sorry darling. C'mere." He murmured comfortingly.

I smiled and threw the blankets off me. My arms struggled to wrap themselves around his waist. He chuckled lightly and stroked my hair which made me sleepy.

"Go to sleep now darling. We don't want daddy yelling at little Anastasia, do we?" He said lowly.

He lay me down and brought the covers under my chin as he brushed his knuckles over my cheek.

"No sir." I mumbled tiredly and drifted off.

_______________________

"Press that vote button, babe." Zayn purred. His fingers trailed up your thigh, slowly drawing circles before hooking his fingers into your belt loop and slowly tugged it down to expose your hip bone. He leaned down and let his lips ghost over the point of your love handle. "Press it."