You Forgot!

Leo sits on the swing and stares up at the twinkling sky. They have been staying at April's house for a while now. For a second, he thinks of Splinter. Was he really gone? If he was still alive, when would he come back?

"Hey Leo."

Leo jumps a bit at the sound of his name. He looks down to see April standing behind him. His muscles relax and he exhales.

"Hey Ape." Leo teases, calling her by the nickname Raph gave her.

April playfully narrows her blue eyes.

"I told you not to call me that." She says as she sits next to Leo.

Leo grins and shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't follow rules." He says in a deep, husky voice, imitating a perfect cliche rebel.

"Does that mean you're turning into Raph?" April asks with a quirky smile.

Leo's eyes widen and he shakes his head.

"I'd rather be bitten by a a radioactive spider."

The two chuckle as they both look at the stars.

"I used to stargaze all the time when I was little." She says, a hint of longing in her voice.

"So many memories." She whispers, gazing at constellations.

"I've got a ton of those." Leo says with a smile, remembering so many things about his rocky, bumpy childhood.

"Could you tell me one?" April asks.

"Okayyy."

*Flashback*

Little Leo springs out of his bed the moment his eyes open. He was so excited. Today is his 5th mutation day! Leo hurriedly ties his mask on, only to do the knot incorrectly. It takes him a few tries, after he had calmed himself.

Leo walks into the kitchen with his head held high. He trembles with excitement as he wonders what they will do. Last year, Splinter had brought them toys. They had each gotten toy cars, one red, one blue, one orange, and one purple. 

Splinter and the rest of his brothers are sitting at the table, calmly eating algae and worms.

'Huh?' Leo thinks confusedly.

Throughout the day, everyone ignores the fact that it's their mutation day.

'Or maybe they forgot.'  Leo thinks.

'Well, if they don't care, I'm running away, and I'm never coming back!' Leo thinks defiantly.

He runs to his room and grabs his most prized possesion, an action figure of Captain Ryan. Holding it close, Leo walks out the sewer.

Twenty minutes later, Leo realizes that he is cold. And hungry. And lost. Leo plops down on the cold cement and hugs his action figure. A tear rolls down his face.

'I miss home.' He thinks sadly before falling asleep.

The next day, Leo wakes up back in his bed. Splinter rushes to him when he hears Leo getting up.

"You are awake!" Splinter says, relieved.

"How'd I get here?" Leo asks.

"I found you asleep in the sewers, alone. Why did you leave?" Splinter says worriedly.

Remembering, Leo frowns.

"You forgot that it was our mutation day." He says, his young voice filled with anger.

Splinter thinks for a second, than realizes something.

"My son, your mutation day is next week."

Lol, had to write this. I've always wanted to write a turtle tots fic!