5

"So what do we know?" Natasha asked.
"If we assume Zemo knew about his Hydra lineage, then that's the connection between the Lagos and UN bombings." Coulson stated. "Rumlow wasn't shy about his allegiance to Hydra."
"Yeah but the only active faction of Hydra left you said is more of a religious cult than full on Nazi's." Natasha pointed out.
"They're more interested in Inhumans than Avengers if that's what you mean. But they're not totally opposed to getting you guys out of their way." Coulson confirmed.
"Zemo would have no use for them. He's strictly after the people he faults for the death of his family. The original six Avengers." Maria concluded.
"Two of which are unavailable - but I don't think he's got any interest in Barton or he would have directly drawn him out by now. Not just waited to see if Rogers was desperate enough to call him." May pointed out.
"As for Banner - while partially responsible for Ultron's creation and the subsequent accidental death if Zemo's family - Banner's AWOL as is Thor." Maria contributed.
"And he's clearly underestimated you." Fury added. "You've out thought him on multiple occasions."
"Sure, we might be playing the same game of chess; but we're at a disadvantage - we don't have all the pieces." Natasha retorted, "we're stuck playing catch up."
"I don't think he went to specific Avengers hating organizations. We think he went to the next best thing." Maria agreed.
"Hydra adjacent, well funded Russians based out of Siberia with an invested interest in distracting the Avengers." Fury continued.
"The Red Room." Natasha guessed.
"We knew it was only a matter of time. Once SHIELD was exposed; the Avengers were standing in the way..." Coulson paused.
"But now the team is being torn apart from the inside and I'm left in the middle with nobody to call." Natasha finished.
"They gotta go through us first." May promised.
"I appreciate it; but we gotta deal with them sooner rather than later. It's long past time I face my past anyway. Once we square away Zemo - we take the fight to them." Natasha declared.
"We've got people gathering intelligence on them now. As for our paranoid conspiracy theory; it looks like Zemo just got stupid lucky." Maria switched topics.
"I don't know if that makes this better or worse. If there was a reason; could have used it to knock some sense into Rogers and Carter." Natasha lamented.
"Carter's a problem now too?" Coulson muttered.
"It's not like this is the first time Sharon Carter has turned on her government because Steve Rogers asked her too." Natasha pointed out.
"Speaking of Rogers' recruiting efforts; who else has he got?" May asked. "If this comes to a fight - our people need to be prepared for who we're up against."
"Besides Rogers, Wilson, Barnes and Carter; they've since gotten Clint to collect Maximoff, Scott Lang - the new Ant-Man and Hope Van Dyne, who's taking over her mother's codename, Wasp." Natasha answered. "Wanda's the only one that might trip anyone up."
"If we put an ICER in her, would she still be a problem?" May asked.
"I've never tried it but I can't imagine she'd be immune to that kind of thing." Natasha shrugged.
"Rogers and Barnes will require an extra bullet or two while we're on the subject of icing people." Maria chimed in.
"Who's backing us from your side?" Natasha asked.
"Daisy's been training a STRIKE team solely made up of enhanced individuals - Inhumans. Lincoln Campbell, Elena Rodriguez, Joey Guitierrez and Andrew Garner." Coulson listed. "Plus all of our specialists whom you already know - May, Bobbi, Hunter, Mack, and Maria."
"Garner's an Inhuman?" Natasha noted, glancing over her should at May.
"It's kind of a long story." May excused.
"They all have control? I know it's not easy adjusting to new abilities. If they're not comfortable then I don't want them in the field." Natasha asked.
"They can handle themselves in a fight." Coulson nodded.
"Hopefully it doesn't come to that. With the Avengers anyway. With Zemo it's gonna be a fight." Natasha reasoned.
"I presume Stark, Rhodes and Vision have all been briefed." Coulson surmised.
"T'Challa too." Natasha nodded. "He's the King of Wakanda. Got a Vibranium weave suit."
"And presumably whoever the hell Tony is recruiting out of New York." Natasha added.
"You don't know?" Fury pressed.
"He's not real big on trusting me at the moment. I hope he's identified one of the four adult vigilantes running around without bothering to conceal their identities or I'll even take the one that wears a mask but realistically I know he's probably done the dumbest thing possible and figured out who the 'Spider-Man' is because he's the flashiest of the street level ones running around and therefore holds Tony's attention for more than five minutes." Natasha answered. "Tony's bringing a kid into the middle of a war. And there's no way he's managed to get an underage kid sanctioned under the Accords because Peter Parker's not legally allowed to sign the damn document."
"That's on par for Stark's recent string of ill-advised decisions." Fury noted.
"He's kind of a dumb genius." Natasha agreed. "Has very little concept of forethought."
************************************
Well since Black Widow has been delayed I decided to take the basic storyline of the movie and adapt it within this story. You've been forewarned; none of the characters set to appear in the movie will line up all that much with their movie counterparts unless the movie is hiding some out of left field turns.
Obviously I'm playing fast and loose with the timeline of the Marvel Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD. Always bugged me how little they actually connected to the movies so I had to stop watching AoS because it got so infuriating. I've watched the Netflix stuff but they're all gonna get recasted down the line so it's not like it matters anyway.