Chapter 3

The Mitchell siblings were making their way past a kiddie ride where the little kids could ride atop of young dinosaurs in the pen.

"Lift me up, I can't see." Gray tells Zach.

Zach rolled his eyes, "I'm not dad and this is a little kids' ride," he tells his brother.

While her brothers argued a bit, Maya glanced behind them to see that Zara was distracted by a conversation she was having over the phone and wasn't paying attention to them.

"Scatter," she says turning back to her brothers.

"What?" Gray asked, confused by what his sister was saying.

Zach looked over his shoulder too before pushing at Gray.

"Go. Run, go!" he tells him.

The three of them took off in a run, escaping Zara who couldn't catch up with them this time. The siblings ran down the main street when Gray overheard an announcer over a P.A system, talking about the T. Rex.

"T. Rex, T. Rex, T. Rex! Come on, come on, come on!" Gray said excitedly before taking off.

Maya and Zach ran after their younger brother, following him into the Tyrannosaurus Rex exhibit to watch the next T. Rex feeding. Gray and Maya pushed their way through the crowds of people to get to the front to watch the T. Rex eat while Zach hung behind the crowds to answer a phone call from their mother. He told her that everything was fine so far and that Aunt Claire had given them VIP passes so they didn't have to wait in line for any of the rides. Their mother ended the conversation and Zach hung up just as his siblings were pulling him along to the Mosasaurs exhibit.

The Mitchell siblings sat amongst the crowds of people to watch the Mosasaurs feeding. A crane dangled a dead great white shark over the large tank, while a female park employee talked about the Mosasaur before saying that they would see if she was still hungry after eating earlier.

"Zach, Zach! You're going to miss it." Gray tells his brother, shaking his left arm.

Zach had been distracted, looking at a picture that his clingy girlfriend had sent him. She was holding a post-it note that had Miss You written on it. He was planning out how he was going to break up with her when Gray shook his arm excitedly. He shoved his phone into his pocket before looking up at just the right moment. The Mosasaur leapt up out of the water and snapped its jaw around the shark before falling back under the water, which created a big wave that splashed the audience. The crowds were silent for a moment before they began to cheer. Then, the risers began to slowly move downwards. The park worker began to speak again, telling the crowds to hang on as they were about to get a closer look at the Mosasaur. When the risers stopped moving, the audience watched the Mosasaur swim around for a brief moment before it finished off the rest of the shark and swam away. The Mitchell siblings and the rest of the crowd clapped.