Two

Kyouka, as hard as she tried to find peace of mind, slept horribly that night.

The purple-haired girl had gotten back from work quite late and then spent an eternity in the shower, killing excess time to drown in her thoughts. She was tired, so very tired, and yet laid in bed with her eyes glued to the wall in the early hours of Sunday morning. To her frustration, she'd woken up several times throughout the night. None of her usual insomnia-battling tactics did her any good, and she was certain she'd have under-eye bags to rival Shinsou Hitoshi's.

As much as Kyouka wanted to consult Momo immediately about her electric issue, she knew her friend always went to sleep earlier than most and didn't want to bother her so late. So instead, she sucked it up until around eight in the morning – when she knew the responsible girl would be awake, bless her – and slid down rather ungracefully from her mussed up sheets into a pair of black, fuzzy slippers. It was quite chilly in her room, despite the fact that the UA dorms had a great heating system, so Kyouka grabbed a hoodie that'd been draped over her desk chair and pulled it over her head. She didn't bother to remove the hood, as it did a decent job of hiding her uncooperative bed hair, frizzy and knotted because the girl was too out of it to fix it, and also parts of her bangs were winging out in odd directions.

This, coupled with the prominent shadows under her eyes, was almost enough to keep Kyouka in her room and away from a certain golden gaze. She could simply ask Momo to meet her in her room when she was done with breakfast, after all. But she reminded herself that Kaminari was never up so early on days where he didn't have school or his work-study, so she shuffled out of her room to eat something, nearly tripping over her bass stand in her tired haze.

As expected, Momo was already downstairs and sipping on a cup of tea at a table near the windows. She looked well-rested in comparison to the zombie approaching her, still wearing her matching pink pajamas and her long, dark locks were down and neatly brushed, not a hair out of place. In front of her was a plate piled with eggs, toast, and sausages, virtually untouched. Instinctively, Kyouka's eyes panned over the empty common space before she realized there was someone in the kitchen. A tuft of divided red and white hair was visible, his back to them as he cooked on the range.

She inwardly groaned. This was not a conversation she wanted to have with a guy around. Though, realistically, they were better off talking about her harrowing feelings somewhere a lot more private than the common room, where anyone could walk in and overhear them.

Upon noticing Kyouka, the girl smiled at her friend warmly before taking in her appearance. Kyouka pulled out the chair across from Momo and plopped into it unceremoniously, not quite meeting her gaze, but she could see her lips turned down in a slight frown.

"Morning," Kyouka said through a yawn. The sun was hitting her eyes rather harshly, and she pulled the hood further over her face, wincing away from it.

"Good morning," Momo said softly. Both hands wrapped around her teacup, nursing the hot drink. "Or has it not been good? You seem quite tired."

Todoroki could be heard scraping on a frying pan. Kyouka merely grunted in response, her chin resting in her hand.

"Would you like some breakfast? Shouto cooked a lot of food; I don't think he'd mind sharing."

Before the girl could protest, her stomach betrayed her and let out a noisy growl, loud enough that Momo definitely heard it. She hadn't eaten anything since grabbing a protein bar on her last shift.

And then Momo was getting out of her seat, insisting on feeding her and asking what kind of tea she wanted. Kyouka didn't have a preference. A minute later, a plate filled with mouthwatering breakfast food was placed in front of her as well as a teacup that matched her friends'. The infuser was filled with loose green tea, steeping in the hot water.