Chapter 10: Trust, Headaches, and Memories:

*A/N: ⚠️⭕ Warning! This chapter contains mentions and descriptions of Mental Health, intrusive thoughts, dissociation, and doctor stuff. Readers discretion is advised.*

It's been two days since the headache incident. I haven't told Sam about the warnings and hallucinations, but I think it's better this way. It tears my heart apart to have to keep such a serious thing from him, but it'll be worth it. I don't know how it will, but I can just... feel it. We are sitting in the doctor's office waiting for him to pull up the results of my headaches, which for some reason were instantaneous...? I disregard the thought, feeling a headache brewing up at the thought of it.

"Well Y/N," the doctor begins, his face twisted into a mindless confusion. "It seems you have intrusive thoughts that are causing you anxiety, which in turn can give you headaches and migraines which can result in fainting spells." I look at him with utter confusion and concern. "What...?" I start, my breath catching in my throat as I hesitate. "I don't have anything that could cause them. How could I get intrusive thoughts, a symptom of a mental illness, without having a mental illness that can cause them, to be that severe anyways?" The doctor shugs, his face looking as monotone as his voice sounds. I feel a chill crawl up my spine in a sense of unease. 'What is this doctor on?' I can't help but think to myself. Sam looks at me with a sympathetic frown. His emerald eyes glistening in the light of the hospital rooms window. His freckles seem to accentuate their tones in the sunlight. His hair is a little scruffy but it mostly bounces in front of his face as he talks. I can't help but feel both comfortable and.... afraid...? 'Maybe the doctor is right...' I think to myself. 'He has to be right..... Right?' The doctor hands me a vial of pills called: 'Mapiritsi ekunyepa'. "Take one of these a day, and everything will be fine." He slurs out in his monotoned voice. "Start today after your dinner." I nod, fidgeting with the cap of the bottle, slightly. My voice is cautious and skeptical, I say, "Um... Okay. Sure."

After a long walk back home from the doctor's, we are just one block away from my home. I feel so strange. My head aches only slightly now, and my head feels almost like cotton. 'Cotton soaking up blood.' I think to myself. Wait - no! No, no, no. That's not right. That's scary. Best to push that thought away. Sam looks over at me in worry, his gentle and soft hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay, Y/N?" He asks, his voice sounding like the breaking leaves in autumn, mixed with the smooth waves of beaches ocean water in the summer. I shake my head and then I smile. "Yeah. I'm fine, Sam." I say, nonachantly, trying to ease Sam's worries. "Don't worry about it." "Did you have another bad thought?" "No. And please don't talk about them." "But-" "Please?" Sam blinks, almost like a deer in head lights. "Alright," he finally says, in a defeated voice that has clearly given up. "Fine. I'm sorry." "Thank you, Sam." As we continue walking, I can't help but wonder... Why did Sam say "Fine" like that? Like he was annoyed or bothered by my asking him not to talk about them? Why does he want to talk about them? What does he know...? Maybe it's just me. Maybe those are just more intrusive thoughts. I should push those away. After all, I'm with Sam right now. I want to spend as much time being with him as possible. I can't help but remember that he just found out what love is a few days ago, yet he knows how to love so well. Ah, that's just silliness, though. Besides... who says it was me he loves? I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Sam, who is holding my hand?! When did that happen?! I smile brightly, beyond any force I can control, and Sam sighs in a state of peace. Perhaps even longing. "I love walking with you, Y/N." Sam says, his voice as sweet as carmel, and his voice as crisp as an apple. The way he speaks reminds you of a candy apple. Crisp, sweet, and it sticks in your ears and in your head. "The moon looks perfect tonight, doesn't it? You know, if you squint really hard, you can see beige spots on it where the craters are." I smile so wide as he says this. Then, it happens. A headache... but I'm.... I'm seeing something? Almost like how one would remember a suppressed or a repressed memory. And it happens all at once, in an excruciating pain.

Slappy and I are on the grass in the park. I'm on the left in my black and cherry-print dress, paired with my favorite sandals and my silver necklace. Slappy is on my right, in his usual tux, though, it's more pressed. Much more tender love and care went into his presentation than usual. The moon glows on our forms as it brightens up the night sky with its cool, white, glow. My voice chirps in a sweet and happy tone. "Look, Slappy! That's the moon!" I point up at the patchy and imperfect ball of white in the sky. "You know, I found out when I was just five, that if you squint really hard, you can see beige spots where the craters are!" "Craters?" Slappy's raspy and sharp voice chuckles out. "The moon has craters? What on Earth?" "No, they're on the Moon!" Slappy stalls for a few seconds, before laughing in a gut-busting laughter, clutching his cloth sides, as though they were aching. "They're on The Moon!" It seems Slappy has gotten the joke. I'd never seen him so happy before. I get the feeling that he was bad before this moment, that he could be harsh and maybe even scary... but his expression here... It's pure happiness. Like nothing could sour it. Like no one could spoil it. Like nothing and no one could ruin it. Once Slappy calms down and relaxes, he sighs and looks at me, his bottom eyelids risen up to portray a look of almost pure adoration and love. He suddenly looks back at the sky and he mumbles something under his breath. "What did you say, Slappy?" I ask, a smile on my face, and his happiness infecting my voice. "Oh... I just said..." Slappy takes a minute to collect himself, before he looks at me with that same bottom eyelids risen look of adoration and love, and he says, "I just said I love you." My face is dusted with a beautiful rosey red, I look at Slappy, matching his look with my own, cheeks risen look of adoration and love, and I say, "I love you too, Slappy. I love you very much." We look back up at the sky and we watch as the moon continues to glow, and the stars twinkle in the velvet purple and blue sky, all while we listen to the peaceful sounds of the river nearby, as it splashes against rocks.

I snap back to the present and I look around for a moment. 'What happened?' I think to myself, still disorentated. Sam notices my sudden change and sighs. "Another one?" He asks, his head slightly tilting to the side. I giggle at how animated he is. I smile. "Yeah, but it wasn't a bad one, this time. It was more... peaceful and pleasant." I reply, my voice softened like butter. He looks so happy. "Well, that's good to hear, at least." He takes my hand into his and we walk ahead. But as we near my home, I can't shake this feeling like something is about to go extremely wrong....

*A/N: WOOOO! I finally got this chapter done, and what a good one it was! I'm sorry about taking so long, everyone! I'm getting back into this, and I'm not giving up on this story! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, my Power Readers, and let me know in the comments: what do you all think is happening, right now? Why is Y/N having headaches and seeing things? Are they real? Or visions? Or are they fake and made up? Let me know what you think in the comments! Well, that's all I got time for today, my Power Readers! I hope to see you all in the next chapter! Bye for now! *uses magic to poof away*