Palm Trees & Masterchef

TW: HAPPY ENDING (You're welcome) ! Some smut ! Bad language ig ! I've been working on this for a long ass time I just never published ! Things suck rn so y'all deserve some funny fluff and smut to get through it !

"I think I'm going to audition for MasterChef," Richie said as he handed Eddie a large bowl of Mac n Cheese, smiling a toothy grin.

Eddie scoffed but accepted the food, taking a bite. "Maybe the auditions, but you'd get knocked off for your mouth," he said with a laugh.

Richie glared. "If Gordon Ramsay can do it, so can I."

"He's paid to swear!"

"I should be paid to swear," Richie grumbled, crossing his arms and flopping down and laying across the couch.

Eddie smiled at his best friend, sitting in between his legs and laying back on Richie's chest. He took another bite of his meal, smiling at how good it was. He knew Richie loved cooking, even if he was a mess in the kitchen.

Richie wasn't thinking about the food. He was thinking about how close Eddie was to him. He and Eddie were both aware of the other's "anti-heterosexuality" as Richie called it, but it hadn't really affected him until that moment.

It wasn't even a sexual "I want to fuck you" thing; it was more of a "holy fuck you're beautiful and every time I look at you I'm more amazed" type thing. Because Richie knew that he liked Eddie a lot, and he'd always been affectionate with Eddie, but it felt different.

As soon as high school ended, the losers club all moved to the west coast for school, leaving their dark pasts behind and fighting to have a future that didn't consist of the horrible things they faced in Derry.

Maybe it was because they were finally alone and on spring break after weeks of classes and busy schedules, maybe it was because they were both legal adults and no longer in their shithole town so they didn't have to hide their feelings.

However, both of them knew the tension was there, yet they hadn't done anything about it, and Richie was terrified to make a move.

As if he was thinking the same thing, Eddie sat up and placed his almost empty bowl on the side table.

He flashed Richie a small smile before standing up. "Want something to drink?" he asked.

Richie nodded. He knew that he and Eddie both didn't want anything to drink, and it was just a way to break their awkward tension.

"What do you want?"

"Get me a bottle of-"

Eddie cut him off, glaring from the doorway. "If you say coconut water, I will cut off your balls, tie them to a helium balloon, and let them fly into the fucking sun," he said darkly.

Richie gaped. "It's so good!"

"It's like liquified sprite without bubbles that's been left in a fucking warm room for two weeks! It's nasty!" he exclaimed, stomping off to the kitchen.

Richie laughed at his friend's antics sitting up on the couch so Eddie wouldn't feel uncomfortable sitting with him. Thankfully, when Eddie came back, he sat down beside Richie with his glass of water before handing Richie a bottle.

"Here's your shit water," Eddie said, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV. "I wish you were allergic to coconut."

"Aw, Eds, you know that coconut is a crucial part of my cooking," Richie said, leaning over and kissing Eddie on the cheek, watching his face flush in the glow of the TV.

"It's not the coconut itself, it's just the weird water," Eddie mumbled. "It's like the common hatred for bubbly water. Like... they put fruit flavored vape in there just to barely give it a taste and I regret every sip of it that I take."