Last Stand part 2

A/N Thanks for reading this, guys and gals. This is my first attempt at fanfiction, so any feedback is welcome as long as it makes me a better writer. Warning in advance to the squimish readers there will be some grisly parts in this particular chapter, so I would recommend skipping the parts in italic if you have just eaten :P

Ann had come prepared. While the Spirits were searching for a better area to drop their payload, she had went into the armory to restock her supplies. Now she had seven M9 HE fragmentation grenades strapped to the bandolier on her waist, an Active Camoflauge module on her back, and a surprise that would knock the Covenant off their feet.

She hopped on a supply crate and mantled up a building. Ann crouched on one knee and activated her Active Camoflauge system, the AA muffling her suit's auditory sensors, essentially lowering her suit's volume. An elite, wearing the red armor of a major, was leading a file of jackals. The Sanghelli seemed to have deactivated its energy shields, as the dust wasn't causing its shields to flair. She didn't know why, but if she had to venture a guess, to conserve the suit's power, for whatever reasons.

She scanned the area, searching for a better target, preferably a higher-ranking elite, that didn't have a slight shimmer indicating active shields.

She found none.

Sighing, she took aim at low-ranking major and pulled the trigger. The air cracked loudly, with The Armor-Piercing round penetrating the red metal of its armor, entering the creature's brain, and exiting through the other end, ricocheting of the ground. Six's camoflauge was reforming after the shot, cloaking the Spartan from prying eyes in a matter of milliseconds. The Jackals, all 4 of them, went back to back. Each shield was covering a Cardinal direction, blocking her Line-of-sight. She simply chucked a fragmentation grenade in their formation, and waited for the boom.

Three...Two...One...

Boom

4 Jackal corpses were sent flying in four direction, all of the avian creatures turned into pincushions of debris. The other living Covenant troops ducked behind cover, each firing a long burst of plasma and homing needles. Though most of them were firing at the wrong direction, a few Grunts and Elites fired a few lucky shots at Ann's hiding place, forcing her to duck down to avoid the searing-hot plasma.

Her Cloak was drained now, and she knew it would take approximately 14 seconds for it to recharge. Rather than wait for them to gain ground, she tactically pushed forward, roadie running from cover-to-cover.  She saw an Ultra Elite clad in pale-white armor, clutching a Type-50 Directed Energy weapon.

Unlike most Covenant weapons, the "Concussion rifle" was not designated for anti-infantry use in mind. In fact, it is thought to be one of the least lethal weapons in their arsenal, though still capable of killing in skilled hands, being chiefly utilized to guard against lightly-armored UNSC vehicles. It is mainly used to counter erratic vehicle drivers, as its sheer concussive force is easily capable of flipping light vehicles like the Mongoose ATV, as well as knocking heavier vehicles, such as the M12 "Warthog"FAV and its variations, as well as UH-144 Falcons, off course and forcing them into walls.

The White Sanghelli was leading a squad of 8 grunts, all of them in matching white armor. The grunts were using more powerful weaponry, befitting their "Ultra" ranking. 3 of them were using Type-33 LAAWs, or Fuel Rod Cannons, 3 were using the Type-33 GML, designated "Needler", and the remaining two had Type-25 DEW, or simply plasma pistols, the bread-and-butter of Covenant small arms

Six fired her DMR 7 times, double-tapping 3 grunt's headgear and penetrating their brains, and knocking the mask off another fighter. The squad faced Six and fired, needles and explosives buffeting the rock she was hiding behind. Ann cloaked once more, her hands and weaponry turning semi-transparent, then turned into shimmering air. She attempted to sneak back to the building she used earlier, content to leave the alien combatants firing on a hunk of rock while she redied another ambush against the enemy forces