Courascanti Streets

Aayla Secura felt the disturbance as the Rift broke open, she felt the pain and suffering of thousands as the Rift Armies conquered street after street, level after level, overwhelming what defenses Courascant had at that present moment with the sheer weight of numbers and ferocity. Master Windu was not responding and all Clone units were in disarray.

The beautiful Courascanti Sky disappeared, replaced by the scene of fleeing civilians escorted by the police and Courascant Guard. The LAAT descended with three others as a squadron of Y-wings burst through over head, the sound of the distant Rift anti air artillery could be heard as well as their demonic screams.

The Courascant Defense Fleet was thankfully unmolested during the appearance of the Rift Armies and most of the ships took to the skies, deploying hundreds of V-19 Torrents and Y-wing bombers. It was the fleet that so generously provided seven gunships for the rescue mission.

The gunships descended further into the underworld where vice and sin was rife, prostitutes and gamblers joined the ranks of fleeing men and women as the area was still being evacuated, they were well below the level where the Rift had concentrated their assault on but nonetheless this position would soon turn into a battlefield.

"Captain Rys ready your men," the blue exotic Jedi ordered, a quick order from the comms was all that was needed and the Clones checked their weapons again and again. The best of the Courascant Guards and the elite of her very own 327th Sky Corps were among the rescue team. Mace Windu was no where to be found and intelligence stated that his last known position was the command post close to the Rift.

As they descended to the lowest levels the blast doors opened, the sounds of the sergeants' orders were drowned under the sea of demonic cries and cried slugthrowers and blasters releasing their shots. At first it sounded as if rain was gently beating against the blast doors until a single Ray of light penetrated the doors, penetrating the armour of a Clone trooper.

"Contact! Contact!" Captain Rys exclaimed as the three LAATs forming the vanguard had their troop compartments covered in fresh blood and plastioid armours.

Barely half were able to dismount and even half of them were missing limbs and screaming in pain.

Aayla leaped off the LAAT and the Clones did not wait for the gunships to land instead the either jumped off if possible or repelled down.

"To cover! Get to cover!" She said as she ignited her Lightsaber, it hummed as the energy from the Kyber Crystal combined to form a blue blade. She watched as the Rift soldiers with their crude weaponry focused their deadly fire on her.

Their ammunition were a mix of deadly energy and slugs, the red beams deflected of her Lightsaber and tore through the surrounding buildings, some pierced through the armour plating of the LAATs, borning fires and flames that would have engulfed the gunships had they not immediately retreated towards service docks.

Aayla watched as the streets above and below her begun crawling with the monstrosities born from the rift, great daemons of red that carried ugly and bloody swords or axes along with thousands upon thousands of men and women, their bodies disjointed, broken and clearly manipulated to be in a shape that was incredibly inhuman. A group of these soldiers screamed a cry for their god of blood before charging towards the Jedi.

Taken by surprise, she lept backwards as if luring her enemy into a false sense of security at seeing their foe retreat, before launching forwards in an attack, her lightsaber dancing gracefully in the air and meeting the horrid axes and swords of the rubble. The Clone Captain watched as his general was leading a charge against the Rift soldiers and ordered his own men to move forwards, pouring down unrelenting fire upon the enemy and their demonic counterparts.

The demons, watching their opponents charge into the fray with great discipline, matched it with their unrestrained fury. They hurled themselves at the clones, onl