II

As Elaine and Percy made their way through camp, they were greeted by some of their friends.

In the Big House's driveway, Connor and Travis Stoll from the Hermes cabin were hot-wiring the camp's SUV. It was only due to the fact that they were together that she knew who they were. She once asked Percy how to tell the brothers apart, but his guess was as good as hers.

They looked around for Grover, but they didn't see him. Percy, clearly still spooked by whatever happened at the school, decided to go to the arena to let off some steam and promised to meet up with Elaine later.

Finally, she arrived at the Apollo cabin.

On the inside, there were hooks for bows, quivers of arrows, lab coats, and musical instruments. There were sunflowers and hyacinths in vases in the windows. Beds lined the sides of the cabin and cots with medical tables sat in the center. A kitchenette (which was technically against camp rules) was located in the front left corner. The beds had gingham quilts on them and near each occupied bed were pictures, little poems, and other assorted things as mementos.

She's met with strong arms wrapping around her middle and lifting her up. "Finally! I was going to ask Chiron to send a search party to Manhattan." Lee Fletcher said, spinning her around in a circle.

"Lee, I'm early." Elaine laughed.

"Still. I don't know what I'd do without my baby sister this summer. Michael and Austin are already starting to drive me crazy." Lee said.

"I can hear you!" Austin yelled as he clamoured down from his bunk.

His cornrowed hair was longer than Elaine remembered. He gave her a tight squeeze and pulled away. "You've grown." He observed.

Elaine scoffed. "I'd hardly say two inches is "growing." But thank you for noticing."

"Has anyone told you the good news?" Austin asked.

Elaine shook her head. "What good news?"

"Mr. D isn't here." Lee said, a smile taking over his features. "He's gone to visit some old friends to make sure they're on the right side. He'll probably be out all summer."

If Dionysus was gone, that was the best news Elaine heard all day. On the other hand, if Dionysus had taken action and actually started helping the gods recruit against the Titan threat, things must be looking pretty bad.

Elaine wheeled her suitcase to her bunk and unpacked with Lee's help. Her assigned drawers, however, were not entirely empty.

Inside her last available drawer, was a golden glimmering bow and quiver full of arrows. Next to that was a golden dagger and a sheath attached to an adjustable band that could fit around her arm or stretch to fit her waist. A note sat in between the weapons. It was written in Ancient Greek, but Elaine could read it perfectly.