His name

I tapped the heel of my boot to the white tile of our schools floors. I kept playing with my pencil between my fingers. The clock seemed to be ticking so hard and I felt my heart throb in my ears. Why, why won't the bell ring, why won't my teacher shut up, why won't he stop staring in my direction. It's all killing me, the pressure. I had a flashback from last night...

"Paige!" My father screamed. I was shaking inside, I hope he wasn't drunk like two days ago, it was terrible. Every step I take I cry harder and harder, I hold in my sobs and suck in my belly.

"Ye-yes father." I say when I reach his chair. "How was school? Hmmm?" I almost froze there and time almost stopped. "I got... a phone call." He said sipping his beer. "You weren't in school though so why am I asking?!" He said standing up looking taller than me again. Yes I skipped school but only my first half, I just really wanted to hang out with Mark.

"Your a good for nothing slut, like your mother was, ye weak and spineless!" I jumped at his cruel words. Next thing I knew, I felt a hard wack on my cheek which knocked me down to the floor. "I'm sorrysorrysorry!pl-please!" I whine as he kicks me in the stomach and all I could do was cry.

"Your a stupid slut." He spat on me and it got in my eye, it was dripping down to the floor and I bursted into tears. This time he didn't stop, kick kick kick kick. All I saw was black and everything was still...

I didn't realize I was crying til I felt a moist liquid run down my cheek. I wipe it off quick before anyone could see it, I deserve everything he blows at me. Every kick, punch, and spit. I deserve all of it, it's my fault, don't blame anyone else but me. I turned to see him staring at me with is gray eyes. He is impossible and it pisses me the hell off. Wanna kick him like my father does to me. Kick kick kick kick, until he passes out, wanna know his name so badly.

I walk up to him slowly when the teacher says to find a partner for a project we have to do in class. Yes people have asked on the way to my walk towards his desk and I simply deny their offer. All I heard was the clanking of my boot heels as I reached his desk. He looked distant when he stared at the rubric we were given and a bit troubled. He finally glanced at me and his eyes seemed to have gotten wider. I sat across from his desk and stared at him for a minute, I released a breath I seemed to be holding.

"Ma-may I work with you?" I asked shaking from my head to knees. Why did I feel so scared and nervous like we were on a date. Usually I'm casual talking to people but he may be different for some odd reason. He looked at me and tilted his head which made his nice bushy short brown hair lean to the slide. "Why do you want to work with me?" His voice was like a melody, a deep and calm melody. It made my stomach grumble and my heart race.

"I want to work with you so I get to know you better, you seem distant from people." I said in a casual way but still having a shaking voice at the end. He closed his eyes which showed off his shiny pale eyelids and he took a breath. "Okay, fine." He said in a deep, angelic voice. I pulled out the supplies we needed and started writing my name on the paper, now was the perfect time to ask. "So, what is your name because I need to write it down." I said not trying to sound desperate.

"My name is Philip Wallas." He said in his nice deep voice. He looked up at me and he wasn't smiling but his eyes seemed to be happy. He looked away after a while and wrote something on the rubric, I couldn't quite see it maybe it was information about our project. Philip the name rang in my head and I couldn't stop repeating it in my head.

"So which part are you doing, Philip?" I asked him when the silence was too overbearing for me. "Parts A and D." He said in a soft deep tone. I nodded and highlighted my parts in neon pink lighting. When I looked up he was starring at me like I had two heads or something. "What?" I asked tilting my head in confusion.