👑The Ball👑

Marceline's POV

I. Hate. Royal. Balls.

I'm only going to this one because Bonnie asked me to, and now I'm expected to wear a dress? WHY?!?!

So now Cake is doing my hair and makeup to get me ready for this dumb ball.

*This is what Marceline's dress looks like*

Well, at least it's black. Cake quickly rushes me out so I'm not late to the ball.

I finally arrive at Bonnibel's castle, and after taking a deep breath, I push open the doors.

I see hundreds of candy citizens inside, all talking to each other and already having a great time. I spot Peppermint Butler rushing up to me.

"Good evening, my lady. I'm glad you could make it," he says.

"It's great to see you, Peps." I manage to say. Jesus, I think Cake put this dress on me a little too tight. I can hardly breathe.

"The princess is still getting ready but I will notify her of your arrival."

I nod and he walks away.

After wandering around the room for a while I spot a buffet table with strawberries on it. Oh Bonnibel, you've certainly thought of everything, haven't you?

I suck the red out of almost every strawberry and just as I'm about to finish the last one I hear a trumpet fanfare from Peps. The room goes quiet.

"Her majesty has arrived!" Pep announces, and Bonnie enters the room.

I'm speechless at how stunning she looks. Her hair neatly folded in a French braid, her makeup done obviously by an expert, and that dress... oh, that dress fits her perfectly.

*This is Bonnie's Dress*

Everyone starts to greet her but as soon as she sees me she rushes over

"You came! I wasn't sure if you would, I know how much you dislike royal balls." She says.

I kiss her cheek. "Of course I came, I know how much you love royal balls so there's no way I'd miss it."

Suddenly some slow music begins to play.

I offer Bonnie my hand.

"Would you like to dance?" I ask.

She blushes and nods, taking my hand.

As we slow dance she compliments me on my dress.

"Thanks," I reply, "and you look absolutely beautiful in that dress, Bonnie."

She smiles and lays her head on my shoulder.

"You know," she whispers in my ear, sending small shivers down my spine, "there's a place in the castle I want to show you. It's really quite amazing."

"Then let's go," I say.

She takes my hand and we sneak out of the room. She leads me up a few flights of stairs and we eventually arrive at a balcony that overlooks the kingdom.

"Wow... you can see everything from up here!" I exclaim.

She smiles. "Amazing, isn't it? You wanna know a secret, Marcy?"

I look at her and raise an eyebrow.

"I don't really like royal balls either. But they're part of my duties as princess. Every ball though I'll slip away and come here, to see the view and to get away from all my responsibilities. With you here however, this ball doesn't feel like a burden - it's actually fun."

I smile and say, "Well then I'll have to come to every royal ball from now on."

She lightly kisses me. Like usual, her lips taste of sweet bubblegum.

"Thank you for coming Marceline."

"Anytime, Bonnie."

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️