Chapter 1: Rendezvous

(Marinette's POV)

"Marinette, wake up! You're not going to miss today!" My kwami lectured me.

"I'm up, I'm up." I said raising up and rubbing my eyes.

"Good, now get dressed. Alya is expecting you." Tikki said flying down my latter.

I got dressed, putting on a white shirt and a light pink skirt. I went down stairs and ate breakfast with mama and papa. I waited for Alya to come pick me up in her new car, she was later than I normally was. Once I got inside the car Alya greeted me and she drove us to school, she drives like a crazy lady.

"Jeez Alya, your driving skill is awful!" I laughed as I opened the car door.

"You're just jealous you don't have a vehicle." Alya said holding up her keys and smirking.

"I don't need one, I live very close to the school. I can just walk." I said walking up the steps to the school.

"Sure, I bet that is why I pick you up every morning." Alya said giggling and opening her locker.

"You offered, and it's better than walking. I am not jealous though." I said getting my books out of my locker, then closing the locker door.

"Adrien's here." Alya said nudging me.

"Alya, you know I am over him." I said looking at him, then looking at the ground.

"Mhm... You don't stutter anymore, but you still have feelings for him. Everyone can see it." Alya said pulling me up to him and Nino.

"Thanks Nathaniel." Nino said patting Nathaniel's back.

"What's going on here?" Alya said right before pecking Nino's left cheek.

"I asked Nathaniel to draw me a comic about Rena Rouge." Nino said winking at Alya.

"You better not be trying to cheat on me with that superhero." Alya said squeezing Nino's cheek.

"That superhero is pretty cute, but I would never cheat on you." Nino said smirking at Alya.

"That's what I thought. Anyways, hello Adrien!" Alya greeted.

"Good morning Alya and Marinette." Adrien said smiling.

"Morning Adrien!" I said, but my voice got unusually high-pitched.

"I want to ditch, Marinette you in?" Nino said while grabbing Alya's hand.

"Won't we miss something??" I said worrying.

"Graduation is in 7 days, we are done with our testing. There is nothing to lose." Alya said adjusting her gaze at Adrien, "You coming too?"

"Sure, if Marinette comes." Adrien said, causing everyone to look at me.

"Uh..Sure! I'll go." I said awkwardly smiling.

"Great! Let's go! We are riding in my car!" Alya said running off dragging Nino with her.

"Oh no, Alya is driving." I muttered.

"Is it that bad?" Adrien said looking at me, curiously.

"It's THAT bad." I said making eye contact with Adrien, then both of us bust out laughing.

"I can drive." Nino said reassuringly, causing Alya to sigh and give him the keys.

"Yay, I won't die today." I said, walking up to the car with Adrien.

"You're just scared. I am not that bad!" Alya said stifling a giggle.

"You almost hit a pigeon this morning!" Marinette said throwing her hands in the air playfully.

"So? I told the pigeon to move!" Alya said shutting the passenger door.

"Watch out Alya, don't let Mr. Pigeon hear you!" Adrien said joking as me and him get in the car.

As soon as we left the school, the air felt light. Everyone was making jokes and laughing the whole ride to where ever we were going. I am going to miss this, I am going to miss Alya and Nino. Adrien was studying here and so was I. I am only staying in Paris so I can be ladybug. I am sure there is a way I could give Chat my miraculous while I go off to college, but I wouldn't chance it.

The car finally stopped. We were at a small café near the park. We all headed inside and sat down. Nino and Alya in one seats, Adrien and I in another. Our waiter was very kind to us and made sure we all got what we wanted. After we all ate and paid, we went to walk in the park. Nino and Adrien went to the restroom, leaving me with Alya.

"You should confess to Adrien." Alya said nudging me.

"I-I can't... he won't return the feeling." I sighed.

"You don't know that, and I never said it had to be today. You can tell him tomorrow or graduation day." Alya said trying to lighten my gloomy mood.

"I don't wanna be in love. He isn't in love with me, so it's no use." I said wiping my teary eyes.

"Marinette, don't cry. I am sorry. Please don't cry." Alya said pulling me into a hug.

"It's not you, I was just thinking. I will be fine and you're right, I should tell him." I said sniffing.

"You do it at your own pace, I am sorry. I don't want to rush you." Alya said pulling away, "You sure you're okay?"

"I am great." I said smiling and wiping away the last tear.

"Hey guys, we are just waiting for Nino." Adrien said walking towards us.

"I need to use the bathroom real quick, don't wait up for me." Alya said walking towards the bathrooms.

"Okay." Adrien and I said at the same time, making my face cover in a light blush.

'I am going to tell him...' I thought to myself. 'What if he doesn't feel the same?! Then it will be awkward between us! I shouldn't tell him.'

"Adrien.." I said looking him in his eyes, then looking away." There has been something I have been meaning to tell you."

"I'm listening." Adrien said, then sitting on the bench where I sat at.

"Well... ever since you handed me our umbrella, I-- I have like you...more than a friend." I said covering my face that was cherry red.d

"M-Marinette...I-" Adrien started.

UNTIL THE NEXT CHAPTER... TO BE CONTINUED..