Chapter 2: Je Vais Bien

MARINETE

"M-Marinette...I-I am sorry. I am in love with someone else.." Adrien said looking at the ground.

My heart shattered, and my eyes swelled up. All because of one sentence. "I am in love with someone else." I couldn't help but feel jealous. The person that caught his heart is lucky, but who? Kagami most likely. I understand why he would choose her though. Kagami is brave and is very courageous, for I am a klutz and shy. I could never compare to her.

"Marinette, please don't cry. I am sorry." Adrien said lifting my head up to look at him, "It's not that you are not an incredible person, it's just the person I've fallen in love with is very special to me. I don't mean that you're not special-"

"I know what you mean. It's like the world stops for that one person and you can't help but feel attached." I said interrupting him.

"Yeah..I am sorry." Adrien pulling his arm away.

"I think I am going to head home." I said standing up," Tell Alya and Nino, I got sick and headed home."

"I will. Bye Marinette." Adrien said standing up and waving goodbye.

"Bye Adrien." I said waving back then turning and walking home in tears.

"This is one of the worst days of my life. I wish I had never told Adrien I liked him!" I sobbed before shoving my mouth full of strawberry ice-cream.

"Marinette, it'll be alright. It is just a matter of time." Tikki said handing me another tissue.

"Tikki, how will I have 3 kids and a pet hamster now?!" I sobbed again.

"Marinette, you'll get your hamster and 3 kids one day. Maybe not with Adrien." Tikki said holding up a piece of popcorn.

"I want a pet hamster and 3 kids with Adrien! No one else! He is the only one for me.." I said turning off 'The Kissing Booth'.

"Marinette, just calm down. Take a rest, you will feel better." Tikki said making my bed.

~TAP TAP~

I looked up at the hatch, and saw..

"CHAT NOIR?!" I yelped then threw all my foods to the floor so I could reach the handle to the hatch.

I opened the hatch and the black cat slipped in. He sat comfortably on my bed.

"Chat Noir? What are you doing here?" I asked, very confused as to why my fighting partner was at my home.

"Well, I have seen you're normally on your balcony at this time. When I didn't see you I thought something was wrong and I wanted to check in on you." The black cat explained.

"Oh..something did happen. It is just a teenage heartbreak thing, you've probably heard it all." I sighed.

"Well, it wouldn't hurt for you to tell me would it?" The black cat's eyes finally caught my gaze.

"I guess not. I like this boy at school, I have practically fallen for him. I expressed how I felt to him but he didn't feel the same. He said he had already fallen in love with someone." I said quickly looking down because my eyes were swelling with tears.

"May I know the boy's name?" Chat asked lifting my face.

"It's not my place to share that. Plus, it's not important. He is in love with Kagami, not me, so I will have to just get over it." I said pulling my face away.

"He must be a real jerk to make you cry." Chat said looking away.

"He isn't a jerk, he is very kind. I am just crying because I can't have what I want." I said wiping a tear that snuck its way out.

"You must really love this boy..?" Chat said looking at me.

"More than anyone could ever know. I love him so much that I am willing to let him go, just so he will be happy with the girl he loves." I said looking into the comforting green eyes." It is getting pretty late, and I have to get to bed. I have got school tomorrow."

"Yeah, I wouldn't want you to miss a day of school because of me. Goodnight Marinette." Chat said opening the hatch then slipping out.

"Goodnight Chat." I said closing the hatch and then locking it.

"That sure was a surprise!" Tikki chuckled.

"I know right! Never in a million years would I have thought that Chat would do something like this." I said giggling, then covering myself in my blankets.

"Did that 'silly kitty' make you feel better?" Tikki asked seriously.

"He actually did, I really didn't expect it." I said closing my eyes.

"That's good. Anyways, goodnight Marinette." Tikki said laying in the miniature bed I made for her.

"Goodnight Tikki," I said before drifting off into a deep slumber.

"Marinette! Wake up! It's school time!" Tikki said pulling a strand of my hair back.

"Mmmm, okay." I mumbled.

"You have to get uppppp!" Tikki said pulling my pillow out from under my head.

"Alright, I will get up." I said softly giggling.

I got up, took a shower and got dressed. I dressed myself in some black ripped jeans and a black and white shirt. Tikki had packed my school bag, so all I had to do was grab my bag and head downstairs. After breakfast, Alya had arrived (she was actually here on time).

"What happened between you and Adrien after I left?" Alya said frowning.

"Nothing, I just felt sick." I answered quietly.

"I refuse to drive you anywhere until you tell me what happened."Alya said turning off the car and pulling out the keys.

"Fine. I confessed to him, he loves someone else. I wanted to go home and cry all night, so that's what I did." I said looking at her, slightly annoyed.

"Oh my- girl! Why didn't you tell me??" Alya said pulling me into a hug.

"I wanted to be alone for a bit, I feel better now." I said hugging her back.

"If you say so, but you do know you can always talk to me right?" Alya asked in a worried tone.

"I know, and I am grateful I can talk to you." I said pulling away from the hug." Matter a fact I don't know what I would do without you."

"Same here, girl." Alya said putting the keys into the ignition and driving off to school.

Until next time....TO BE CONTINUED