Apologizing

It was Draco. He could not believe his own sister would tell people about his personal problems. That was so unlike her. She seems to trust them over Draco.

He walked quickly but quietly away from them. But even though his movements were little, he still managed to catch Harry's eyes. 

Harry's POV

Where is Malfoy going? Why was he here in the first place? Did he hear our conversation? I better follow him...

'I'm going to go to the toilet for a few minutes...' I told them.

'OK, mate.' Ron answered.

I walked away from them and started looking for Malfoy. I looked in empty classrooms, his favourite places, the library and even the astronomy tower. Don't ask why I know his favourite places, I just do. I was about to give up looking for him until I passed Moaning Myrtle's toilet. I heard sobbing inside but it sounded nothing like Myrtle. It sounded more like a boy's.

I opened the door and headed inside the toilet. I could not believe what I saw in there. Malfoy has the dark mark on his left forearm! There was also a blade on the floor and cuts on his arms. He looks as if he's been crying so I suspected the sobbing noises were from him.

I walked up slowly to Malfoy to check on him. He didn't seem to notice me until I called him.

'Malfoy...?' I called him.

'P-P-Potter...W-What do you want?' He seemed shocked.

'I heard sobbing while I was passing Myrtle's toilet. Are you alright?' I asked.

'Y-Yea..I'm doing just fine...' He muttered out.

'Doesn't seem like it.'

'If you knew I wasn't fine then why did you even bother asking?'

'It's just a habit I guess..' I told him.

'Uh-huh..There you checked on me and I answered you. Can you leave me alone now?' Malfoy stated, annoyed.

'No. You said you were fine but you're lying and I'm not blind, Malfoy.'

'Really? Don't believe you. You seem pretty blind to me.' Malfoy teased.

Ugh, stupid git! Why do I even have a bloody crush on him?! I-I mean-Ugh! 

'Look, Malfoy. I know you heard our conversation in the hallway and obviously you were hurt so you came here to cut yourself.' I pointed to the blade on the floor.

'I cut myself, so what? What I do daily-' Malfoy shut himself up quickly.

'The bloody hell, Malfoy! Are you insane?! Why would you do this to yourself daily?!' I nearly screamed.

'You wouldn't understand...' 

'Of course I would! I've been through much more than you!'

'You won't ever feel what I'm feeling right now...' He whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

'OK, so what exactly are you feeling right now that makes cut yourself?!' I asked angrily.

'Depression...'

'I felt bloody depressed before but I didn't even cut myself!'

'You don't know how getting the dark mark carved into your skin feels like....'

'Well I...Didn't Vold-'

Malfoy flinched at the name. 

'D-Don't say that name...please...'

I sighed.

'Sorry. But didn't he die in the war last year? Why is the mark still there?'

'Oh Potter...Didn't you listen? The dark mark only fades a little. It doesn't disappear completely even if he died..'

'Oh...yeah...I remember...sorry...'

'I-It's fine...'

'Now come on. Let's go.' I held my hand out for him to take.

'Go? Go where?' He asked, confused.

'The Hospital Wing, of course. We're going to Madam Pomfrey so she can fix you up.'

He seemed to think about it for a moment then he held my hand. I felt my face reddening as he took it.

'T-Thank you, Po- I mean Harry.' He said smiling a little. 

I can see his face reddening a bit. I smiled back.

'What are you thanking me for?' I asked teasingly.

'Y-You know what I'm talking about.' He huffed.

'I don't. Remind me again please.' I chuckled.

'T-Thank you for checking up and caring for me...Harry..'

'No problem. It's always right to care for someone, even if you hate them.'

'Y-Yeah...'

'Well Draco,' I said his name teasingly. 'Let's go to Madam Pomfrey now.'

And together, we walked out of Moaning Myrtle's toilet and went to the Hospital Wing.

-723 words-