CHAPTER 7

(Joseph’s POV)

Watching Asurah trying to converse with people was...amusing. He kept glancing at me as if he were silently begging me to shoot him in the head, with which I responded with a wink, making him furrowed his brows in confusion. And it was weird, knowing how powerful this man...this creature was, who didn’t even understand the concept of flirting. It gave him a certain...innocence that most people of power didn’t have. It was actually refreshing, seeing him getting all confused when I said something he didn’t understand. Like the thong thing. The guy was really wearing a thong with a sheer skirt-like thing, and yet, I doubted he even knew what I had been talking about. Maybe they called it something different on Glacion? Who knew?

Although, I still couldn’t quite get my mind off of the incident earlier, where that huge dude tried bullying Asurah. Like, what was this, Middle School? Seriously? Though, with the gleam in the dude’s eyes, I could tell that there was more behind the harsh words, and name calling. The guy actually had a hardcore crush on the albino king. It was also very different here than on Earth, regarding this. For instance, I saw multiple female creatures kissing on other female creatures, without a care. Men also had male dates, and it was amazing how open the galaxy was. Earth was still in its awful close minded state, and it was hard living as a Pansexual military man. It was hard trying to wash up after long hours of training, only to be mocked by the other male cadets, claiming that I was watching them perversely in the showers. Ha. As if. None of them really were that good-looking, to tell you the truth. Though, it still pissed me off how the humans didn’t get that we were born that way. So coming to this ball thing, and seeing many male/male, female/female couples, actually made me kind of happy. And I was more relaxed than I had ever been in all my thirty three years of life.

I ended up snapping out of my thoughts when I caught sight of Asurah’s bully, Del-pickle whatever. He was making his way over to me, making me tense up for a fight. However, he didn’t attack me like I thought he would. Instead, he stood next to me, leisurely sipping out of a weirdly designed wine glass. His red eyes watched Asurah with interest, making a weird feeling settle in my chest.

“He is not for you, you know. He is too beautiful to be associated with something as ugly as you.”

I raised an eyebrow, glancing up at him as he turned those crimson eyes towards me. “Oh? I thought he was an, and I quote, “painted doll”? Let’s not forget that you called him ugly, either.”

The redhead scoffed, curling his top lip to reveal two sharp fangs, similar to what a vampire’s would look like. “You would not understand, human. We live in a world where weakness is death. If I show my weakness for Asurah, the jealous kings and queens would use him against me and end up killing me. This will allow them to easily steal my world, and entrap my people.”

“So you resort to middle school tactics?”

“I don’t even know what that is.”

“Really? Gosh, you’re just as naive as Asurah is. Though, he makes his nativity a form of art.” I pursed my lips and crossed my arms over my chest, cocking my hip to the side in order to shift my weight. “So, does Asurah know you like him?”

The other man scrunched up his nose, his brows scrunching together. “Of course not. It is as you said, he is naive and knows not a thing about romance. I hear he is still as pure as the day his mother birthed him. He has never been touched by another, and it is his innocence and purity that I envy.”

“Yeah, he really is, something else.” I muttered, glancing over to the man in question, watching as he nodded every so often to what was said to him. He looked absolutely stunning in his outfit, though. I doubt I ever seen a man pull off what he could pull off. His body was literally the perfect balance between thin and leanly muscled. Plus, even a fool would take notice of his wide hips, and lucious backside. Like seriously. That guy had a butt that could put most of them female Instagram models to shame. Not...that I was noticing those kinds of things.