12

FEARLESS | xii.
"So, we're just going to abandon them?"

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The morning sun broke through the cracks, lighting up the dirt path ahead of Reyna, decorated with outgrown roots, wildflowers and fallen leaves that crunched beneath her feet.

She was standing outside the wall looking out for grounders. But there was nothing. No sign of them.

Then she saw a purple flower in a nearby tree. She walked up to it and examined it, she recognized the purple flower, the same kind as the ones from the field she visited with Darius. She found more flowers and followed the path of them.

Reyna found herself in a clearing with the river she trained with Darius before. A twig snapped behind her making her turn her head. Darius came out of the trees with a smile on his face. Her lips formed into a grin as she ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

He chuckled as he took a few steps back and wrapped his arms around the small of her back, as he breathed her in her scent. They pulled away and gazed into each other's eyes.

Reyna leaned in and kissed him gently as he cupped her face with his hands.

"I need to tell you something." He told her as they pulled away and she hummed in response.

"My people will be attacking soon." Darius added with a worried expression.

"What? When?"

"Maybe tomorrow or in two days, that's why I'm here, I needed to visit my village and gather the warriors from there." He replied.

"So you'll leave again?" She asked not hiding the sadness visible on her expression.

"I have to go, but trust me I'd rather stay with you." He said honestly and she nodded. "You know how to take care of yourself, Reyna, I don't doubt that. You will fight through this war." He responded making her smile.

Darius kissed her forehead and they pulled away. Reyna sighed and her shoulders slumped.

"Oso na hit op nodotaim. Ai get in em." (We will meet again. I know it.) Darius told her as he picked up his bag.

"Leidon Darius kom Trikru." (Goodbye Darius of the Tree Peopel.) Reyna kissed him one last time before she started walking back to their camp. When she got to the there, she stayed outside of the gate looking at the woods ahead of her. After a few minutes Bellamy joined her and stood beside her.