Hoseoks letter

Dear Yoongi

Before I go to the United States, I just wanted to write a letter to you. I just want to say, that I enjoyed our friendship a lot. It's just that I don't like you as a friend only. Yoongi. I love you. A lot. I said it, finally, I've wanted to say that in a while now, but I just couldn't find the courage to do so. Because you are my best friend, and I don't want to ruin our friendship just because I have grown inappropriate feelings for just being friends. Now you must think about how I reacted to Lisa announcing that you two are going to marry, to be honest, I was devastated. I felt betrayed, but I shouldn't because you were never my mine, and never will right? So like every other time I just put a fake smile and saying how happy I am for you two. I bet you thought that I was genuinely happy for you, well what can I say you get better faking as time passes by. Then I looked into your eyes, but what was weird was that in your eyes the same emotions I had in my heart at that time and still have I thought it was strange but I just shrugged it off and continued to congratulate you two. Later that evening I thought of it, again how strange. Why would you have such emotions in your eyes, if it was me who just got engaged with the love of my life I'm quite sure that I wouldn't have those emotions in my eyes. I would rather have happiness in them. That night I fell asleep thinking, that maybe I had a little chance for you to be mine. But the next day Lisa asked me to come over, to the house you two shared to talk about the wedding plans. While we talked about the wedding I saw how you became happier as we got deeper into it, and when I asked when you wanted to hold the wedding you said that it should be as soon as possible. Hearing that I lost all my hope once again, knowing I would never be yours. No matter what I would do to get you, you would never choose me as your lover. I will always be your best friend and nothing more, so I tried to move on but I just couldn't, when I had to see you and Lisa planning your wedding. So I decided maybe I just need a fresh start. A whole new beginning with no Yoongi or one-sided love or whatsoever, therefore, I decided to move to the United States. To have a fresh start. It's your wedding tomorrow, and I have to leave early in the morning. I'm so sorry that I can't be your best man, it's just I don't think that my heart can bear it. Seeing you marry another person. Please don't blame yourself, knowing you I know that you will blame yourself over my disappearance. I just want you and Lisa to have a happy life together, have kids. Maybe one day I will come back home if I do I promise, that the first thing I will do is visiting you and Lisa. I'm very sorry that my goodbye needs to be in this letter, I just can't bring myself to face you and say all this to you so here it is.

Goodbye, Yoongi. I love you, and always will.

sincerely: your friend: Hoseok