Chapter 22

They waited impatiently outside the room waiting on the doctors words. It was one hell of a night for them. Negative imaged clouded up all their minds if they carried out Simon's orders. They would never forgive themselves.

"One Direction?" The doctor walked out the room.

"Will he be okay doctor?" Liam asked.

"He will. He has a few bullet wounds and scrapes. Also he's worn out after what yhe the device has done to him. It pushed him past his limit." The doctor informed.

"Can we see him?" Zayn mumbled.

"Go ahead. He's resting."

They thanked the doctor walking into the room.

"Poor baby." Harry whispered holding your hand.

"He'll be fine like the doctor said." Niall reminded.

Louis crawled up in the bed with you whispering in your ear. "(Y/N).....baby wake up. Your safe now...." The sound of his voice woke you up.

"Louis?"

"Your in the infirmiry." Louis massaged your face.

"What happended, (Y/N)? Do you remember anything?" Zayn sat on the end of the bed.

"After I ran out the building, I went straight to my car then a cloth was put over my face. Then I knew it was Braun because I recognized his voice. I woke up and found myself strapped to a bed. He told me that the device would make me stronger then he put on my chest and I blacked out again." You explained.

"You took us out and the entire swat team." Niall told you.

"Are you guys okay?"

"We deserved the ass kicking you gave us. We were complete jerks for doubting you." Louis takes the blame with pride.

"It was out mission to kill you but we couldn't. You mean the world to me." Niall fondly told you.

"Us." Harry corrected.

"I'm talking individually, Haz." Niall grinned.

"If anything I love you more." Liam added.

"Like hell." Louis rolled his eyes. "I love him times infinity."

"Time infinity?" You asked slowly.

"Just made it up." Louis shrugged.

"We need to talk." Simon walked into the room without making a sound.

"What?" Louis sassed.

"I am very disappointed, One Direction. You haven't followed orders." Simon folded his arms.

"At least we stopped him." Harry rolled his eyes.

"I didn't ask for you to stop him, I asked you to kill him." Simon coldly instructed.

"We couldn't!" Liam snapped.

"Well you should've. Why save him after that fight you all had?" Simon rolled his eyes, shruggimg his shoulders.

"Because we love him." Louis answered.

"(Y/N), you have to leave after you heal. Lads come with me."

"No!" They replied. Simon's not disgusted.

"No?"

"We are staying right here." Harry stated. They climbed in the small bed with you, making themselves comfortable.

"Suit yourselves. Your all fired."

"You can't fire us because we already quit."  Louis through his release form at Simon. Simon read through it quickly.

"You went to the head of the company?!"

"The one and only." Louis smirked.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT (Y/N)!" Simon walked towards yoy with complete anger. Quickly they pull out their guns aiming at Simon making him halt in place.

"Take one more step and your done!" Liam threatened. For the first time in life, Simon Cowell is intimidated by One Direction. All five of their trigger fingers are ready to go.

"Fine. I'll find new guys." Simon huffed walking out the room.

Too bad for him, no one will ever be as good as One Direction.

~~~~

"Lou?" You called for him.

"Yeah?"

"Why did you guys quit? Did you like being a mercenary?"

"It was fun and all but we almost lost you." Louis told you in the most sincere way. You heart skipped a beat as well. "One hard part about that job is that we hardly get to see you. Simon didn't really care about how we felt about you."

"I joined so that I could see you guys again. I couldn't take being alone those few months." You teared up thinking about it.

"It hurt us just as much. It's scary enough that we put our lives on the line. We never know if we'll be able to come back home to you." Liam added.

"Now we're done with it all." Niall smiled.

You started crying when you realized that they'll be yours all over again.

"But what about Scooter?"

"If he comes back around, he's done. Simon got a glimpse of what's gonna happen to Braun." Zayn said.

They held you while you cried. They started getting emotional with you, they cried themselves.

"We're only getting older baby...." Harry started.

"And I've been thinking about it lately..." Niall joined in.

"Does it ever drive you crazy, Just how fast the night changes" The rest joined in on key.

"Everything that you've ever dreamed of,
Disappearing when you wake up, 
But there's nothing to be afraid of,
Even when the night changes, 
It will never change me and you..." They sang to you until you went to sleep.

All five gave you your goodnight kisses and went off to be with you.