1

"So we stay in this mess
This beautiful mess tonight."

She was getting married.

She was the first one who couldn't believe in such a news.

Then why wasn't she feeling that wedding fever that every bride feels?

What was wrong with her?

She kept starring at that engagement ring on her right hand.

It was so beautiful, Mirko really did a fantastic job with it. You could see it wasn't some cheap shit, but it was expensive. Her dream ring.

Then why did she feel the urge to take it off?

She looked at the clock.

Today she had to try the food for the wedding. If wasn't for her best friend, she would have also forgotten all the way.

"Is he coming?" Her best friend and colleague, Ljupka, asked as she finished to sew a shirt.

Ivana shook her head. "No... he should arrive at any moment."

Ljupka looked at her, she could feel something was wrong with her. "You know you're still in time."

The blonde woman gave her a weakly smile. "It's okay." She repeated for what it was like the millionth time since the wedding announcement.

It was like she couldn't say anything else. All she could say was 'it's okay'. During the location searching, during the flowers thing, and pretty much into everything else about the wedding.

But still, Mirko didn't seem to notice it.

Or at least, he didn't show it up.

He only wanted to rush things.

Engaged in late May, wedding in August.

The door opened and Ivana couldn't help but take a deep breath.

But it wasn't Mirko who entered.

"Ante!" Ljupka said it loud, going to hurry the footballer. "Need a new suit?"

Ante smiled at her and shook his head. "No, thank you. I still remember the last time I let you did one." And then he let out a laugh.

That laugh.

Ivana could have never forgotten it.

She got up and approached them, a smile on her face. "Ante, nice to see you!"

"Nice to see you too." He said, looking at her. "Actually I came here for Mirko."

Oh. Ivana couldn't deny that she hoped it was not for Mirko that he came there. "He's coming..."

"He's not." Ante stated. "He called me about ten minutes ago. He's too busy work and can't leave."

"Great. Not even a call." Ivana rolled her eyes, feeling anger all over her body. "Now I guess I have to call them and postpone the appointment!"

Deep down, she was happy he didn't show up.

"About that, he called me to come with you..." Ante continued, under the smirk of Ljupka.

"Oh..." Ivana said, not being able to hide a smile. In no time, she grabbed her things. "I uhm... I'm ready."

"Perfect." Ante smiled.

"You two!" Ljupka called them. A smirk on her face. "Try to make peace with your minds!"

"Thanks for the advice!" Ante said, waving a hand at the dark haired girl and opening the door to Ivana.