Epilogue

"I'm not afraid to grow old
If I have your hand to hold."

31 May 2021

It was the day.

Finally.

It was all so surreal, looking like a dream, and none of them two wanted to wake up from it.

"You look stunning!" Ljupka said, trying to holding back her tears as she fixed Ivana's wedding dress. "Totally stunning!"

"Thank you!" Ivana said as she handed her friend a handkerchief. "Oh, don't cry!"

"I can't! You're finally getting married!" Ljupka said as she hugged Ivana. "I'm so happy for you!"

"I'm happy for you too!" Ivana laughed a little as she hugged her friend back. And it was true, in the end, surprise of the surprise, Ljupka started dating Mirko! Funny how life acted in such incredible situations, wasn't it?

The door opened and Ivana's parents and sister entered, both of them clearly very emotional.

"Don't tell you're going to cry too!" Ivana laughed. Even though she tried to act calm and relaxed, on the inside she was literally freaking out, and people around her crying weren't surely helping.

"Oh sweetie, you are wonderful!" Her mother kissed twice on the cheeks as she admired her daughter. "You totally look like me!"

"If she looks wonderful, it's because of me!" Stjepan smiled, leaving a kiss on her forehead. "Also my little girl is marrying!"

"Dad, don't ruin her hair!" Ivana's sister, Mirjana, laughed as she fixed her younger sister's hair and handed her the bouquet. "You ready? We should get going! People are all waiting for you on the outside!"

Ante and Ivana decided their wedding to be a total Balkan style, full of people, of joy, of party and of course alcohol!

"Plus, dad, you need to give Ante your blessing!" Mirjana added. "Because yes, Ante is already here!"

"Are you ready?" Stjepan asked to her daughter, who took a deep breath. "Be honest."

"Yes." Ivana smiled. "I'm ready. Let's go."

Ante couldn't hide his nervousness as he looked at the clock for like the millionth time in the last five minutes.

He was afraid of a last minute change of mind, or her father not giving him the blessing. Even though he was perfectly aware by the fact that Stjepan loved him.

He asked how she was feeling. Was she as nervous as him? Or was she feeling more relaxed?

He looked around. Every person of her side was there, like tradition, having their little party before the ceremony, with a small buffet and live music with Ivana's favourite singer, Damir Kedžo, who would have also been in the party after along side Severina, Ante's favourite singer.

His friends, teammates and family, instead, had to reach the church. For the occasion, they decided to celebrate in the church where Ivana was baptised, a little church by the blue sea of Split.

"You're very tensed!" Ivan -Perišić-, his best man, laughed a bit, trying his best to make him relax.

"How were you on your wedding day?" Ante asked, taking a deep breath.

"Honestly? More tensed than you!" Ivan laughed, side hugging his younger friend.

"I'm afraid." Ante admitted.