Cuddles and goodbyes

Trigger warnings: Swearing, crying,  a breakup, using the Lord's name in vain (I stg this makes me look like a Catholic but I'm just really specific about triggers lmao-)

Genre: Fluff! I promise :)

Stay safe kiddos xx I love you all 💌

Requested by the amazing and brilliant TommyisInsane9 please go follow them :)

Remus curled his moustache thoughtfully. He felt odd. Numb, almost.

Lonely. That was the bitch! He was lonely? Remus hummed. When was the last time he had a hug?

He could always tell Dee. Yeah, Deceit always listened. They'd been best friends forever anyways. Having made his decision, Remus got up and knocked on Dee's pineapple-coloured door, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet. Deceit answered, surprised upon seeing Remus at his door. "Hey 'Muss. It's early. Everything okay?"
Remus grinned, taking in Dee's messy hair, his heart beating a little faster. "What, no hat today?" He snickered, moving past Dee and flopping dramatically on his bed. Dee frowned.
"Seriously? I just made that."

"I'm lonely." It slipped out of Remus' mouth.
Deceit raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"
"Yeah. We should cuddle." Deceit's eyes widened. "Don't be so-"
"Oh come onn!" Remus groaned. "It's not like it's going to be awkward or anything, I've known you forever."
Dee shook his head. "I really sh-"
He turned towards Remus, who was displaying his infamous puppy eyes. Curse Patton's influence on him.

Deceit sighed. "Alright. We can watch a movie, too, if you'd like." Remus clapped his hands excitedly. "Disney!" Deceit smirked. "I didn't take you for a Disney kind of guy."

"And I didn't take you for a cuddler."
"Touché." He began setting up the blankets, settling in besides Remus. Remus clung to Dee immediately as the film began to play.

About halfway through the film, Remus began getting restless. Deceit looked down at him. "Are you okay, 'Muss?" Remus shifted. "You know your six armsss?" Dee smiled fondly and enveloped his arms around Remus gently, Remus wriggling in happily. He loved the warmth, comfort, and safety of all six arms being wrapped around him.

The movie soon came to an end, and Remus stretched. "That was lovely. Thank you, Dee." Deceit nodded with an unreadable expression. Remus went to get up but Dee stopped him with a sigh. "Ree... I need to talk to you."

Remus looked up on instict, blinking. Concerned, he frowned. "What's up?" Dee stroked Remus' cheek gently. Surprised, Remus leaned into it. "D-Dee?"

"Remusss, I think..." Deceit sighed and started again. "I think I love you. I had so much fun with you today and it felt so right and I couldn't stop thinking about... us."

Remus' eyes widened yet he didn't hesitate to grab Deceit's chin and pull him into a kiss, a kiss filled with the force of years of pent up feelings. Remus gripped the back of Dee's head and Dee let his arms snake round Remus' shoulders, biting Rem's bottom lip and slipping his tongue in.

"Oh, 'Musss." Dee closed his eyes in content and tilted his head so it was easier for Remus. Remus pressed both hands to Dee's cheeks and pushed him against the wall, his hat falling off in the process. Deceit giggled and pulled away from Remus to grab his hat. "You're not a bad kisser." He teased. Remus wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh, trust me, I can do so much more." Dee slapped his arm playfully and let slip a laugh, before stiffening up.

Remus reached out and gently touched Dee's arm in concern. "Dee?" Dee had paled slightly. Remus panicked. "Did I make you uncomfortably, Snakey? I'm-"
Deceit shook his head, the next words coming out barely a whisper. Remus had to strain his ears to hear them.

"Virgil. We forgot about Virgil."

It clicked in Remus' mind and he muttered under his breath. "Fuck."
The Duke turned his attention back to Dee, focusing on making sure that he was okay. "It will all be okay, Dee Dee." He opened his arms and let Deceit melt into him, burying his face in the crook of Remus' neck. "It's gonna work out." A lone tear slipped from Dee's eye, Remus cooing and wiping it away.

"Shh, Dee. It's alright." 
Remus sat and held Dee for a while, before piercing the silence. "Dee?" He stared up at the ceiling. Dee shifted. "Yes?"
"Can I ask you a question?"
"You just did."
Remus snickered. "Alright, smartass. Seriously."
Dee sniffed. "Okay?"
"DoyoustillloveVirgil?" It came out in a rush, almost as if the letters were tripping over one another.
"Our relationship has been on and off for a while. Plus, I liked you for ages. So no, you dummy. I love you."
"Oh." Remus was satisfied, but he couldn't think of anything to respond, so Dee reached up and kissed him again.

Timeskip to the breakup 😔✌

(Probably a few days later)

"Just like we practised, okay? Remus was stood outside Virgil's door with Dee. Deceit took a shaky breath, the nervousness evident on his face. Remus could only smile and give his boyfriend's arm a reassuring squeeze before Dee knocked and entered.

Remus chewed his lip anxiously as he waited for Dee to come out, hoping everything had gone okay.

A few minutes of nail - biting tension passed, before the door was pushed open...

Deceit was smiling. Remus let out a sigh of relief.

"We decided this was best for both of us. And... he's decided to move out, with the lights. We're going to help him pack." Remus nodded slowly as he tried to process it and Dee walked over, lifting his chin up. "My God. You're breathtaking, Remus." Remus leaned in for a quick smooch, giggling. "Dee, you're such a tease."
Deceit arched an elegant eyebrow. "Oh? How so?"
Remus squirmed. "You make me want to do things to you."
If possible, Dee's brow raised higher. He nibbled and kissed at Remus' ear. "Oh? Darling, do you wanna tell me about," he paused. "These things?" At that, Remus groaned and snapped the pair upstairs.

Timeskip to Virgil's departure 🌻🌻

Remus grinned lopsidedly as he waved at Vee. "Goodbye!! I'll come visit to eat all your deodarant!" Virgil grinned. "You wouldn't dare." He turned to gaze at Dee, nodding with a polite smile. Then, he turned the handle - and was gone.

Dee who had his arm linked with Remus', turned and kissed Remus softly. "I'm glad you asked me to cuddle with you."

Word Count: [1083 words.]