Oh My God, They Were Roommates (Part Two)

Started making it, had a breakdown, bon appetite :)

Trigger Warnings: God/probably heaven or hell or whatever used in vain, Remus is the big drunk, swearing, cocaine may or may not be at the party shhh, and vomiting

I love you all 💛 Stay safe <3

♡♡♡

It was a few weeks since classes had started, and Remus had managed to find someone who was throwing a party tonight.

The eccentric man clapped his hands together and rifled through his and Janus' shared wardrobe. "I really don't know what there is for you to wear, Jan."

Despite his moody attitude, Janus couldn't stop himself from grinning at Remus' excitable self. He'd found sharing a room with Remus wasn't as bad as he thought it would be - it was still pretty strange though. Explaining to Remus why toothbrushes could not be shared under any circumstance, even if you're 'like super tired,' was not very fun.

He focused on Remus, who was still picking through his clothes and holding them up limply. "J, what the hell is this? You can't wear any of this to a party!"

Jan crossed his arms in defense. "Look, I came here to study, idiot. It's not my problem."

"No need to get snappy!" Remus laughed before throwing a pile of his clothes at poor Janus, nearly making him stumble.

"Remus, ow! What the h-"

Remus turned around and placed a hand on his hips. "Well, you can't wear any of that! Just wear something of mine. I don't mind."

"Yours?" Janus flushed slightly. Remus waved a hand. "Yeah, go for it. I have plenty more." Janus ended up picking one of the less weird outfits, smoothing down his shirt and pulling his phone out as he waited for Remus to go change. About ten minutes passed, and J had no choice but to go and rap on their bathroom door. ''I swear, Rem, I'm going to this dumb fucking party without you if you don't hurry up.''

Remus swung the door open, nearly hitting the boy in the process. ''Ow?! You creti- oh.''

Janus almost forgot how to breathe for a second as he took in what Remus was wearing - a small green crop top (Ew I hate writing crop top it sounds weird in my head lmao) accompanied by a black leather skirt & combat boots. Janus swallowed, flustered. ''You look great, Remus.'' Remus snorted and grabbed a flask from his desk. ''Don't go all soft on me, nerdy gremlin boy. I was just warming up to you.''

''Shut the fuck up.'' Janus protested, folding his arms as he followed Remus out of the dorm. ''I'm not even that short. The new kid in psychology is, like-''

''MUMBLE MUMBLE MUMBLE! Can't hear you from down there.'' Janus shoved his friend with a laugh. Okay, maybe things wouldn't be too bad, Janus considered.

♡♡♡

He was wrong. He'd tried to tail after his roommate subtly, to which he had gotten a sneer and a condescending remark: "Awww, is somebody getting attached?"
Remus had promptly disappeared into the crowd.

Some popular new song came over the cheap speakers and everyone went wild, Janus weaving between the crowd frantically as he felt the music vibrate in his chest. He looked down at his red solo cup, containing - well, he didn't even know. He'd only taken it to be polite. Janus thought back to him and Remus leaving for the night, suddenly remembering the flask that Remus had grabbed. Janus groaned. Remus was drunk and lost? His pace quickened as he moved through the sea of faces.