{Chapter 1} New Home

"good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere" ~ Helen Gurley Brown

****************************************

So here we are again, mum and dad have to work somewhere else in this world again... Which means another new life, new school, new home. So the last time we did this a year ago, maybe pretending to be the good girl wasn't the way to go about things, so I'm just gonna be myself and see where it goes...

Hi my name is Maeve, I ain't your typical girl next door although my parents are very wealthy, they think I don't know where they get their money from but I do.

Well my real name is Alisson, but to you all it's Maeve and it will stay that way..

We travel all the time but luckily enough this was the last time I was going with them, I have just turned 18 and we are going to California. I was born in England, we visit there the most so I have a pretty thick accent. I actually didn't mind the British accent.

Before you all ask no I do not fucking drink tea like a psychopath...

I decided that I am gonna stay in California even when my parents leave, maybe I can start over and try again. There are many people in this world I am running from. Especially myself and my old ways..

There are people in this world, it would be best if I didn't cross paths with them again. A lot of people and hopefully this is the way to get away from all of them.

We land in the airport and I look around, the place is huge. It takes a while for my eyes to adjust to the sunny weather outside, which I wasn't used to... The airport was really nice though, very spacious.

Always bigger and better in America hey?

We walked outside and the heat hit me, it was a wave of warmth that left me sighing in comfort. Although I wasn't used to it, it felt amazing. I look down and realise I am wearing black leggings which were radiating off of the sun making my legs hot, but I was wearing a cropped white top with a leather jacket that was probably not a smart idea in this heat. My hair was down to my shoulders naturally curled at the ends.

"Are you ready bab, we are going to the house now" My mum says to me snapping me out of my daydream, I look at her with a soft smile and simply nod my head as we walk to the car which my dad had pre ordered.

"I told you, I am going to arrive today. Why aren't you prepared?" My dad questions someone on the phone in a stern voice which was probably making the person shit themselves, I however was used to it.

"How long is the car ride going to be?" I ask my mum as I help her carry all the bags to the car, she doesn't look at me but replies.

"Around an hour, maybe longer I'm not too sure" I roll my eyes not wanting to spend that long in a car with my aggravated dad shouting on the phone.

"To whom do I owe the pleasure of driving, this little girl around?" I smiled and ran to hug our families personal driver Phil who was really close to us, he had come over a week in advance to have a break before having to be with us.

trust me he fucking needed it..

"You know, you get my company for free" I say to him as I hop into the car in unison with my mum, she gives Phil a bright smile and I smile to myself. Then my dad begins shouting on the phone causing scoffs from me and mum, we were used to it at this point.

The car ride was long, almost too long. There was tension in the air as my dad did not calm from his raging self earlier, I was listening to my music before remembering to text the only friend I had over in America.

My friend Ash, let's just say he was a character and that I loved him. He has been my friend for years, He was very enthusiastic about everything.

Smexy Ash:

don't ask if he put it on my phone when he came to visit me last summer...

'Guess who's almost next door' I text him and I could almost hear him shout something to his phone as I see that he read it straight away.

'Right, I have everything planned. See you at school'

What was he on about everything planned?

Weird..

'Okay see you then' I say and smile as I turn off my phone, maybe this wasn't going to be so bad. I really needed a change kind of badly.

We arrived outside of the house, I looked outside the house and it was really big and modern. My mum always chose the modern one she likes, I look around to see the palm trees around the neighbourhood. I look to the house next door and I smile knowing Ask was in there, I shake my thoughts as I see someone walk out of the house across the street.

He got into his car, it was really nice I chose to ignore it and walk into my house though.

I walked in and the hallway was amazing, it was well designed by my mum. But that's what she did best, she was a house designer for well earned people. My dad ran his own business, I never cared to ask what for though.

The living room was huge, the kitchen attached onto it was huge too. I really liked this house as I smiled looking around, then outside I saw that there was a pool and I almost screeched. I really liked when we had houses with pools they called for the best parties, I ran upstairs knowing I had to see my room.

I had already designed my room with mum prior to us arriving here, It was all black and grey just how I liked it. The bathroom was tiled with marble and the whole room looked neat and tidy, not for long though....

I looked outside and I walked onto my balcony, the sunset was beautiful. I smiled looking into the distance, I looked down into my hands and saw the bruises but I decided to let it go. I wasn't doing any of that anytime soon, not again..

I take in a breath of fresh air as I sigh to myself, for once I was content the slight wind weaved through my hair slightly blowing it to the east. I pulled out my phone and smiled at some photos of my old friends back in the UK, I was gonna miss them but it was for the best.

You had to leave..

I know but it still hurts, I mean now I have a new life..

******************************************************************

short chapter I know... they will be longer dont worry.

Peace Out Mf's - Rose.