One Less Star

(A/N Heyllo,
Well, this is a long story. I started writing in March 2020 being inspired by the featured song and the outbreak of covid. I kept putting this on the back burner and slowly worked on it. I eventually got a rhythm for it and thought that I would have finished it by last Amourshipping day. Nope, and lost my momentum. But I've been working on it and now it's finally done.

This is still my first draft and it has been written over near 4 years so my writing style has changed and you might see the shift. The story is quite melancholy and won't end in the best of endings but in a hopefully reasonable place for how Serena's written.

If you read the preview that I shared last year/s, thanks for continuing. I do have two art works of Serena by a friend. While the art style isn't like usual fan arts of Amour, she did wonderful with her resources and time.

A song will be played later on. A link will be provided then for PC readers. But for those on their phones, who can't play and read, the video at the top should work. Just have to scoot your way back down.

Please enjoy, vote(star), and share your comments about how I could improve. A/N)

"No Serena! You twirl twice before the bridge and have Sylveon lift you with Fairy Wind. Please at least try."

Palermo scolds Serena when stepping up onto the stage they are practicing on. Serena looks down and adjusts the weight of the guitar over her shoulder.

"Seriously Serena, we have been practicing this routine for three weeks now. You should know how to do this now, why are you failing so badly?"

Serena stutters, "Well it's-"

"You have played the guitar before, right? Why are you doing so horribly today? Maybe I over expected your skill."

"Del del phox!" "Panchum chum chum!" "Alt tarrrria!" "Veon syl sylveon!" All of her pokemon cry out towards Palermo. Palermo hesitates and takes a step back before snapping at the pokemon.

"Now don't you start acting up, you are doing it right. This is about Serena not you, so shut up y-"

A growl rumbles behind Palermo cutting her off. She slowly turns around to where Serena's Absol is laying against the studio wall next to her belongings, baring his teeth, challenging her to continue her degrading rant. Palermo returns Absol with her own fierce stare and bared teeth. As she turns back towards Serena, Serena's faint smile falters under Palermo's gaze.

Palermo notices this and relaxes her face with a deep breath. "Okay, lets just start from the-" Her phone starts ringing. "Very well, take five. When I return, we'll start at the beginning."

As she leaves, Serena collapses on the stage with Altaria and Sylveon easing her down. Serena begins to whimper as her pokemon cuddles around her. Absol comes over and lays himself in her lap.

"Pan pan" Panchum utters as he is trying to climb over Absol to get closer as Altaria wasps her wings around her and rests her head on Serena's right shoulder. "Del delph" "Sylveon ve" Delphox places her paw on left shoulder as Sylveon wraps her ribbons around her arm. Serena smiles feeling the support and love from her pokemon. "Thank you everyone."

Palermo comes back into the room, "Okay, so that call was that I have to go a board meeting about our-" she look up from her phone to see Serena surrounded by her pokemon. "Oh, am I interrupting something?"

Serena pets Absol's head while rubbing his horn with her thumb. "No, nothing big. What were you saying?"

Palermo shows a small smile at the response. "I said that I have to go to a board meeting about our investments in the halls, so I have to go now." Serena's eyes lit up at the mention of leaving early. "When I am gone, I want you to stay and continue practicing your guitar. Your performance is soon and I want it perfect."