Chapter 7

Levi's POV

We mingle with the pack, chatting about us being mates. Everyone congratulates us, wishing us well for the future. I stay quiet, Alessia doing most of the talking. What if I say the wrong thing? What if they judge me?

This continues for a while until it is past midnight, and people start heading to bed. I watch as the last of the people trickle down until no one is left. Us being the last to leave; I let out a deep sigh, relieved it is finally over.

Alessia laughs at my relieved face, saying, "Are you glad it's finally over?" She steps closer to me, making my heart race in my chest.

Smiling, I start walking towards the pack house to meet with my family. "You have no idea."

Alessia and I walk side by side the entire way back, our hands occasionally brushing, sending sparks shooting up my arm. She doesn't seem to notice these moments, but I notice them. I can feel our mate bond strengthening with every touch, the small sensations igniting a fire in me I didn't know was there.

Arriving at the pack house, we head up to the Alpha floor. Stepping in the living room, I notice everyone is here.

Alessia smiles at my family, sitting down on the couch. "You guys are free to stay for the night. It's late and a long run back. Might as well stay. We are practically family now."

Being mates makes us all family. Mates and their families are usually immediately accepted and combined the moment they meet.

My dad says, "We would love to stay the night. Thank you." My papa doesn't speak much, unless around me and dad only. He has severe social anxiety and only talks when comfortable. He has been working on it since I was born, but it hasn't improved much.

Alessia shows my dads to their room for the night after they say goodnight to Kai and Lukas. They say goodnight to me, kissing me on the forehead like they do every night. I look down and feel myself blush a deep red. How embarrassing.

I stay standing in the living room awkwardly after they leave, finally deciding to sit down on the couch. I don't know if I'm allowed to, but I hope so.

Alessia comes back in and goes to hug her dads and Darren. I sit there silently, trying not to draw attention to myself. After her dads pull away, they turn to me. Lukas is the one to speak, "You better take care of my daughter."

I nod my head quickly, saying, "Of course I will, sir." My eyes trail down, afraid to look them in the eye. I remember what Alessia said, so I look back up and try to hold eye contact. Keeping my back straight and my emotions in check, I hope I exude the confidence I am faking.

Both of her dads nod, satisfied with my response. They look almost proud of me, but I don't know why.

Once Alessia is done saying bye, everyone else leaves. It's just me and her in the room, alone. I stand up, towering over her slightly. She is tall, almost as tall as me. "So... Where do I sleep?" I ask awkwardly.

"You're sleeping with me."