Chapter 8

Levi's POV

My jaw drops, and I look at her questioningly. "You can't be serious."

Alessia just smirks and rolls her eyes. "I'm definitely serious. You and I are sharing my room."

"Why? Don't you have another room I could use?" I normally wouldn't be fighting this so hard and just do what they say, but we just met.

Alessia steps closer and holds my hands. She squeezes them, and tingles run from my hands and up my arms. "I do have another room, but soon we are going to live together so we have to get used to sharing a room."

She makes a fair point, so I just nod my head, going along with it. With my hand still in hers, she drags me to what I guess is her room. We walk in; me noticing the purple silk bedsheets and simple decorations. It's not lavish or regal like it could be, it is humble and cute.

Looking up from behind my eyelashes, I say in a shy voice, almost hesitant, "I like your room."

Alessia doesn't notice my shyness, and if she does, she ignores it. "Thank you. I didn't want anything too bold. I like it simple."

Nodding, I ask the one question that has been on my mind, "Where do I sleep?"

She looks to me and has a curious look on her face, as if she is thinking hard about something. "You can sleep on my bed."

I notice my eyes widening, and ask with disbelief in my voice, "With you?"

"Yes, with me. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, I can sleep on the couch. But I would much prefer sleeping in the bed with you." She smiles at me, waiting for my answer patiently.

Deciding to step out of my comfort zone, I say, "You can sleep with me."

Her smile widens even more, and she takes my hand, leading me to the bathroom. She hands me a packaged toothbrush for me to use. We brush our teeth in silence, occasionally looking at each other in the mirror. I divert my gaze every time our eyes meet, not wanting her to see me looking at her.

We finish brushing our teeth and walk back into the room. Not knowing how to handle this, I wait for her to get into the bed first. I also didn't want to take her favorite side of the bed.

I climb in after her, awkwardly laying down on top of the covers. "Get under the covers, silly," Alessia laughs, trying to drag the covers out from under me.

Moving into multiple different positions to get the covers on top of me, Alessia keeps laughing at the weirdness of the situation. I internally scold myself for being so stupid. Why didn't I get under the covers to begin with?

As if noticing my inner turmoil, Alessia stops laughing. I finally settle down under the covers. She holds my hand, making me look her in the eye by not speaking until I look at her. Finally looking at her, she smiles.

"I wasn't making fun of you, I thought it was cute. You are just so adorable." Alessia rubs her thumb over my hand softly, soothing me. Her statement makes me feel a bit better, easing my mind.

Smiling back at her, I say a quiet, "Thank you."

Alessia leans in, kissing my cheek. "Let's go to bed." Nodding, I lay down as she does. Lying on my back, I think about how my life has changed today. In one day, my life has changed for the better.

Maybe I will actually be the strong Alpha my parents wanted. Maybe I will be able to feel confident in myself and stand up for myself. I will learn how to make my own decisions, have my own opinions.

Not only this, but I will have someone to love. Someone who can love me back. Someone who will make me the best person I can be. Maybe I can help her too.

Alessia seems to already be asleep, rolling over onto me. She cuddles into my chest, her hair splaying behind her. Not knowing what to do, I freeze. After a few moments, I relax, wrapping my arm around her. She sighs, seemingly content.

I fall asleep in pure bliss.