𝐗

I'M making rounds on my patients when I discover ailing Mrs. Beres has gotten out of bed without assistance. She just "couldn't hold it" and "couldn't find her call light." It's in the bed with her, but she has poor vision and ultimately decided to take matters into her own hands.

Now she's barely standing, her IV line stretched across the room, her adult briefs down to her ankles as she wades in a puddle of her own urine. I get her back into bed, clean her up, slap on a new diaper, and hand her the call button. She thanks me and apologizes and I head down the hallway in search of towels and cleaning supplies. I could call housekeeping, but sometimes it's easier to just do things myself.

I don't hear the noises until it's too late.

Stopping at the janitor's closet, I snatch the door open without thinking, only to be accosted by the sight of a pale, bare ass and a pair of widely spread legs. I stand frozen in horror for five seconds – long enough for Cameron to turn around and look at me and long enough to see Dr. Hale's face peek over his shoulder, both of their expressions alarmed. Then I slam the door shut and run like hell down the hallway, anxiously digging my phone out of my pocket so I can tell Harry.

Because I was so right about that shit.

Red alert! – I just caught Nurse R and Dr. H doing a vertical tango by the ammonia bottles, I text him. I don't know why I don't use their real names and simply say 'sex' - perhaps I'm trying to preserve their diginity in case the secret hospital security system is able to intercept our text messages. Either way, you can never be too careful.

His returning text takes a little while, and I'm impatient and overly excited about my discovery. I clean up the pee while I wait and page housekeeping to come mop.

I hide out in the bathroom when I feel my phone vibrate.

As much as I want to comment on your choice of words right now… are you fucking serious?

Does a bear shit in the woods?

April…

YES I'M SERIOUS.

What happened?

Nothing. I ran away.

You ran?

Like my ass was on fire. It was horrifying.

Could have at least snapped a picture...

That's sick. I don't want a picture of Cameron's hairy ass on my phone.

It would have made good blackmail.

Damn. He's right. But there was no time. Cameron surely would have clocked me if he saw me scrambling with the buttons on my phone. I know for certain he wouldn't have stood there and posed.

Just knowing about this could be good blackmail, I reply.

True. I'm sorry you had to see that.

You and me both.

* * *

Not surprisingly, Cameron walks into the nurses station as if nothing happened. He's completely natural except for the fact that he won't make eye contact with me. Nor does he really talk to me at all.

I'm itching to bring it up, but I feel it's a matter best discussed in private, even though the actual act ended up being anything but private. I feel like the image of his ass has been scorched onto my eyelids. Every time I close my eyes, it's all I see.

It's been almost four days since I've seen Harry. Ever since our night in the park. We stayed there for almost an hour, just talking and kissing and enjoying the gorgeous view. With each sweet touch, with each detail shared, I felt like I was falling just a little bit harder.