🎀One🎀

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

- Walt Disney -

________________________

It was the day.

I was officially going to get a sponsor for my collection; a dream come true. I had received the good news from my husband last night and as always it was his doing. He was the best, most supportive and compassionate partner one could ever wish for. He told me that one of the companies they had recently signed a deal with had agreed to sponsor my work.

"So, honey who is the generous person who did this?" I asked over breakfast with one hour left for my meeting with the stranger, I had no clue as to whether it was a man or a woman.

"You really think I would spoil the surprise? You will see him in a short while, be patient."

"Come on, not even a hint?" I was being very impatient because of my excitement but at least I uncovered that it was a man because Steve said 'him'.

I began selling jewelry immediately after graduation, it was not an entirely successful business but I kept striving. I was determined, I always fought for what I wanted without giving up.

"Are you coming or not?" Steve's impatient voice boomed through the house causing me to drop the lipstick I was about to smear across my lips.

"I'm coming wait for me!" I said rushing out as fast as I could in my black pencil skirt which barely reached my knees. I had paired it with a white blouse coupled with black heels, my brown locks were wrapped up neatly in a bun. I was set to go and meet this man.

♣♣♣

The jewelry store was usually never this crowded but today there was barely enough space to breathe, it was oddly congested.

"What happened, Marisa?" I asked my store keeper as I made my way in the store.

"I don't know ma'am the place just suddenly got crowded after I got here."

When I reached inside Steve tugged my arm and whispered, "Kate, he's already here."

"Where exactly? I can't see through this hoard of people." I said more loudly than I wished, causing a few heads to turn.

"Mr. Wilson, you are already here!" A familiar voice spoke and for some reason it was not the first time I had heard it.

Where did I know the voice from?

Just thinking about it sent shivers down my spine, my palms began sweating profusely as goose bumps erupted all over my body.

"O'Farrell, good to see you again. This is my wife." Steve said, it was time to meet the oddly familiar voiced man.

When I turned towards him, I felt all my blood drain from my face, leaving me astonished.

I could not believe what I was seeing. He was the kind of man you only ever saw in movies with broad shoulders, a strong jaw and piercing eyes. Unfortunately, I knew this man. He was from my past, a chapter from a very long time ago. He must have recognized me because he was smirking at me as soon as our eyes met.

"What's wrong, honey? You look like you've just seen a ghost. Are you alright?" Steve managed to bring me back to reality.

"It's nothing I'm just nervous." I whispered.

Why God? Why did it have to be him?

"Mrs. Wilson, pleasure to meet you." The man said offering his hand. I looked at as if it was something unusual. Reluctantly, I fit my slender hand into his large one.

My world spun as our hands connected.

God, what was happening to me?

"I-It's nice to meet you too, Mr. O'Farrell." I choked out before quickly pulling my hand back.

"Okay, since we've got the introductions out of the way, I'll leave you two to discuss your business." Steve said leaving me.

No, don't!

"So, should we continue to act like we're strangers?" He said while taking a seat.

I sat down beside him racking my mind for what to say next. I mean it was not every day you saw your long time crush before your eyes.

"Why do you want to sponsor my work?" I asked, frowning.

"It's simple. I want to help you, is that a problem?"

"No, it's not that simple. I want to know if you're doing this because of what happened between us in the past."

"No, it's not that. I didn't even know it was you, Kate."

Kate. That was the nickname he used to call me.

"So, Adam do you still want to continue after discovering it's me?"

"I have no problem with it, do you?" He said.

"No, I think it's all good." I replied, the past was in the past, or at least I hoped it would stay there.

"So, let's start."

===============

Okay chapter one out do you want to know what happens next?

What happened between these two?

Stay tuned and please vote or comment and show me some love 🧡.

Marty.