Chapter Twenty+Four

01:41 pm, October 5
Tokyo, Japan.

'It was our utmost pleasure doing business with Pengine Motor Corporation and we hope to have many more in the nearest future,' the head of the board of directors said.

'The pleasure is ours,' Mide replied, shaking hands with the man.

At this all the board members stood up and shook hands respectively with the two representatives from Pengine.

'On behalf of the whole board of directors, may I interest you in a light dinner party at the company's conference center, later in the evening?' the head further said.

'To celebrate our success in the collaboration of our companies,' the CEO explained.

Eartha looked at her husband and he nodded his affirmation.

'Of course, sir. We're much obliged to attend,' she replied, smiling.

'It's our utmost pleasure,' the board replied.

'This brings us to the end of our meeting, and the beginning of our contract,' the board head said.

'You must be tired from being at business all day,' a board member said.

'As usual, accompany car is coming to pick you up. You should get fully refreshed before coming for the party,' the head added.

'Thank you for all your hospitality, you've made our stay in Tokyo a very wonderful one,' Mide and Eartha said.

'Don't mention. It was a pleasure doing business with Nigeria.'

At this everyone stood up, shaking hands again and started to exit the boardroom in groups.

'I heard you're leaving on the seventh,' Mr Kuromiya, the CEO said, sidling up to them as they headed for the elevator

'Yes, that's when our return flight is booked for,' said Eartha.

'We have the main time to quickly look around the city.' Mide smiled.

Kuromiya laughed. 'You have all of tomorrow to explore Tokyo and see our wonderful views. And I'm sure you'd enjoy it.'

'Oh, we would,' said Mide. 'From the little we've seen, we're impressed already.'

Mide pressed the button for the underground parking garage.

'If you'd like, the company can arrange a vehicle and a tour guide for you . . .'

'Very well, that'd be much appreciated. Thank you, Mr Kuromiya.' He looked to his wife. 'Or what do you think, Lollipop?'

Eartha squeezed his hand lightly and smiled. 'That'd be amazing,' she said.

Mide thought she looked slightly unenthusiastic about it but put the thought off as he couldn't work out a reason why she'd be.

'Alright. I'd have that arranged immediately. Thank you.' Kuromiya looked pleased at this.

They'd now reached the first level underground parking garage.

'Have a nice day, sir,' Mide said as the doors slid open.

'And you too. We look forward to seeing you at six O'clock.' The CEO smiled and stepped off the elevator.

Eartha smiled fondly at her husband and slid her arm into his, resting her head on his shoulder. 'I'm so glad this is over.' She stifled a yawn. 'Where's the driver? I'm very tired.'

Several minutes later they arrived at their apartment and got refreshed. Then it was time to prepare for the dinner party.

'Raspberry Ripple,' Mide started, looking into his wife's eyes.