1- Meet The Baby

Demi's POV:

            I had just finished some recordings at the studio and was on my way home for my nightly run. I pulled into my driveway and went inside to change. After getting into workout clothes, I grabbed my phone and earbuds and set out for a run. It was a beautiful evening with a brisk wind chill which was perfect for a run.

           As I ran through the alleys and streets I heard a faint cry. I brushed it off thinking maybe I had just heard something. As I continued to run, I heard the same cry again. I pulled out an earbud and listened. The cry repeated. I followed the sound of the cry into a dark, abandoned alley.

         As I got further down the alley, the cry got louder. I looked inside a box to see a moving small pink blanket. Underneath the blanket was a small baby. She must have been born extremely recently because she had wet blood still on her and she was incredibly tiny.

              "Oh My God

              "Oh My God...Hello princess...It's okay. You're okay." I picked up the baby and cradled her into my arms. Something inside me felt warm inside as I held the child. There was no one around. She had been abandoned. This was the moment I realized I had to file for adoption and it had to be this child.

              I took the child to my house and cleaned her up in the sink. "Okay Peanut, I am going to take you to the hospital and help you get everything fixed up...then I am going to be your new mommy." I smiled at the baby and carried her to the car. I drove to the hospital and they brought us in almost immediately.

              "Okay Miss Lovato, where did you find this child and when?" The doctor asked. "In an abandoned Alley about 30 minutes ago...There was no one within a two mile radius of the child." The doctor nodded. "Well there is no record of the child and she has to be only about 3 hours old. She will be put in the system for now unless..." I cut him off quick. "I can foster her and then fill out adoption paperwork."

               The Doctor looked taken back. "Are you sure Miss Lovato? You have quite a busy life. I wouldn't want to put this on you." I smiled "This is what I want. I want this child." The doctor nodded. "Well, since there is no record of the child, the parents obviously aren't a match for her, and there is no birth certificate, legally she can be your daughter today if you were to fill out a birth certificate." I smiled big "I would love to!" The doctor smiled back "Okay, I'll get the papers."

              The doctor left and came back with some paperwork. "Here you go, We will get the baby all set to go home and you can take her home as soon as we file that." I nod "Okay thank you!" The doctor nodded and left the room. I looked at the paper. "Name...hmmm..." Then something clicked. I knew the perfect name for the baby. I wrote it down and filled out the rest of the paperwork.

               The doctor came in with a dressed and healthy baby. "Alright, I will take the paperwork and here is the baby." I take the baby from him with a smile. "What did you decide to name her?" I smiled big "Milana Michelle Lovato" The doctor smiled. "That's a beautiful name. Congrats on your new baby girl." I smiled and admired the baby in my arms. My new daughter.