2- First day without the baby

Demi's POV:

          Today is my first day going back to studio since I got Milana. Milana is 2 weeks old now but she hasn't grown at all. "Are you sure you can handle her? I can call the studio and..." Marissa cuts me off. "Demi you gotta go back. We are going to be fine."

          "I know Marissa but this is my first time being away from the baby. I am just nervous." Marissa smiles "I know Dems but she is going to be just fine. It's only for 5 hours. I can handle the baby for 5 hours." "Yeah but I don't know if I can be away from her for 5 hours!" Marissa hands me Milana. "Say goodbye Demi. You promised your agent you wouldn't let the baby get in the way of your work."

          Damn I did promise that. "Okay okay okay...Mommy loves you Milana. I will be back soon okay!" I give her a little kiss on the head and hand her back to Marissa. "Okay, Go be Demi Lovato. I got her." I sigh and nod. "Bye..." I walk out the door and to my car. "Okay, I can do this. It's just a few hours." I start up my car and drive to the studio. 

         As soon as I walk in I am greeted by everyone. "Welcome back Demi! How is your little munchkin?" Scooter askes me. "She's good. Very quiet most of the time." Scooter smiles "Good, now let's get this show on the road! Set up the Mic room!" It does feel good to be back at the studio after a few weeks. I hear my phone vibrate and look down. A picture of Milana fills my screen. 

We are in a good mood! Good luck today Demi!

          I smile down at the picture and put my phone away. It helps to know that Milana is fine. I walk into the mic room and prepare to sing the first song. "Whenever you are ready Demi." Scooter says from outside the booth. I give a thumbs up and start recording.

Marissa's POV:

          Milana is laying in her swing perfectly content while I prepare a bottle. Unlike most babies, Milana doesn't cry when she needs something. We have to just know. Through the past few weeks we have planned out a schedule so Milana gets what she needs when she needs it. She gets a bottle in about 10 minutes. I have never heard her cry and Demi has only heard her cry once when she found the baby. 

          I warm a bottle and take Milana out of her swing. "Hello beautiful. Are you hungry?" Milana coos softly and I wrap her in a swaddle. I cradle her in my arms and put the bottle in her mouth. She drinks slowly. 

          After she finishes her 2oz bottle, I burp her and put her soother in. I lay her in my arms and she slowly dozes of for one of her many naps. I smile down at the baby. I've grown close with this little bundle since I met her and I can't wait to watch her grow. 

          After about 2 hours of a nap, Milana wakes up ready for another bottle. She eats every 2 hours and gets a diaper change every hour as long as she is not asleep. I feed her, change her, and lay her on the floor on a blanket. I sit on the floor near her and she grabs hold of my finger. Demi will be home in 2 hours so I just got to keep her content for that time. 

          There's only about half an hour before Demi comes home. Milana is currently in her swing looking up at the moving mobile above her. I go to prepare another bottle for her and something I have never heard before comes from the other room. Milana was crying. As an instinct I run out thinking she's gotta be hurt or someone is in the house. I get in there and nothing seems to be a problem. 

          I pick up Milana and she continues to cry. Her cry is soft and quiet. "Hey, It's okay. What's wrong baby?" I slowly bounce her until I hear the bottle warmer go off. I grab the bottle from that and put it on the counter to cool a little. After it cools, I put the bottle up to her mouth but she refuses it. She's still crying and it's starting to worry me because as I said before, Milana doesn't usually cry.

Demi's POV:

          I finally finish at the studio and drive to the house. As I open the door to my house, for the first time since I found her, Milana was crying. "Marissa?! Is she okay?? What's going on?? Why is she crying??" I was in a panic. This has never happened before. 

          Marissa was a little frantic. "I don't know. She was fine and then she just started crying." My heart was racing. What if she's sick? What if she's hurting?? I quickly say "Let me see her." Marissa hands me the baby and as I pull her to my chest, She stops. I look to Marissa and she seems to sigh with relief. "She just wanted you." Marissa says. I smile a little "Thank god." I say under my breath. 

          I fed Milana her bottle and she fell asleep about halfway through it. It is about 6:30pm so this is about the time she usually falls asleep for bed. I put her in her bassinet in my room and go back down to Marissa. "So how long was she crying for?" Marissa puts her drink down. "About 30 minutes." I nod "So not too bad of a day?" Marissa shakes her head. "No she was calm all the rest of the day. She finished her bottles and got her changes." I nod. 

          "So in a few days Dallas is coming down to help me, if you want to go home in that time, you can." Marissa nods "I probably will just cause I have called out of work for 2 weeks and my house has been abandoned. " I laugh a little "Good point. Thanks for all your help Marissa. It really means a lot." She smiles "No problem. I love that kid." I give a smile back. "Well, I am going to sleep while I can, you should too." Marissa nods and we head into bed for the night. 

          As I lay in bed about to close my eyes, I think about Milana. She cried for the first time because she wanted me. It warmed my heart that she loved me like that. I smile one last time before I succumb to sleep. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey peeps! Writing this story is going to be slow for the first few parts but I have many idea's for later in the story!! I hope it is enjoyable!!