Bayview Museum of Science

Jon jumped up the concrete stairs while Damian walked at a leisurly pace. Jon waited for Damian. Titus pressed the handicapped access button and let the doors open automatically. The boys walked in. They walked through security where they passed through metal detectors. No guns. No knives (for once). All clear.

"Hey! Boy!" Came a voice. Damian stopped in his tracks. "You with the dog!"

Damian turned on his heel and looked the front desk worker dead in the eyes. "My name is Damian Wayne of Gotham- not "boy"."

The man from behind the desk walked out. "We don't allow dogs here."

"He's a service d-" Jon started.

"He can go anywhere the public can go. Am I not part of the public?"

"Look kid-"

Well, it wasn't boy anymore

"You can not turn me away, legally." Damian defended.

"That's okay and all- but you can't have the dog."

"The Americans with Disabilities Act clearly states that-"

"Here." Jon said, pulling out a card from his wallet. "That's the ADA law card. If your manager has a problem they can read it off of this card. I think we'll be going now." Jon said, polietly.

The boys turned away and walked into the main milieu. Damian squeezed the leash in his hand as he prepared to do something he tried to avoid. He took a deep breath.

"Thank you for coming to my aide, Jon." Good- keep going... "And thank you for keeping my cards on you." He unclenched his fists. "You are a good friend."

Jon smiled, proudly. "Of course, D." He looked around. Damian did not like busy places. It meant his mother could be hiding anywhere and he wouldn't even know it.

Fear wasn't something that Damian really felt but when it came to his mother, Talia, he couldn't deny that he was scared of her. He knew that she would stop at nothing to bring him back to the League and force him back into sick mind games to encourage him to begin assassinating targets like he was trained to do as a little kid- before his gandfather was murdered and the League of Assassins fell. Talia brought Damian to Gotham to keep him with his father until such time she would bring him back to a life of murder.

Titus sat down and put out his paw. Damian sighed and shook his paw. "Thank you, Titus." Damian muttered. He didn't have a problem thanking his service dog. He was proud of Titus.

Jon looked concerned for a second but shook it off. He looked around the busy entrance and pointed onto a map. "Let's learn about electricity!"

Damian remained unmoved. "We already know what electricity is."

"Yeah but we can try experiments." Jon said. "It'll be fun." It seemed Jon had to keep promising that.

"Very well." Damian muttered. 

"D look!" Jon said, touching a metal sphere, hair sticking up. "Try it!"

Damian thought about his hair. "No thanks."

Jon walked up behind Damian and pushed him to the center of the room and stuck his hand on the sphere. "Look! Your hair is standing up!"

Damian sighed. "And I just gelled it to perfection." He took his hand off and combed through his haor, trying to put it back into its original state.

Jon laughed. He dragged Damian by the wrist, pointing out different activities to try.

When the day was over, Damian was ready to go back to hhis dorm and sleep. He had less energy than usual and wasn't as interested in doing 'fun' things anymore with Jon. It wasn't just unfair to him, it was unfair to Jon, too.

Titus adjusted himself at the boys' feet. Damian looked over to Jon who was half asleep, leaning back in his seat. 

"Thank you, Jon. It was a good day."

Jon smiled, contentedly. "We should do it again."

"Yeah." Damian said softly