×1×

A glowing yellow light, that was all he saw.

"...open your eyes"

The male groans ever so slightly as he is beginning to wake up. He squints his left eye open slightly and sees blurs and makes out a glowing blue liquid. Unaware of this new environment, he closed his eye and succumbed to the first thing his body felt. Sleep.

"Wake up, Link"

He sighs softly when he heard the female's voice again. It was clearly trying to wake whoever Link was, which he soon assumed was himself as he heard no one else talking or breathing. The air soon slowly grew cold and he opens his eyes to see the glowing blue liquid slowly draining around him and a glowing blue circle above him which slowly faded into focus to be a dull light. He shivers slightly before slowly sitting up, only in his boxers. He blinks a few times and yawns as he slowly pulled himself up to sit on the edge of the small pool pod and put his feet on the smooth stone cold ground. He rubbed one of his eyes while it was shut to get a better view around the room.

The room seemed to be foggy, yet it had dim orange glowing orbs and lines on the walls which seemed to make pictures like stars would. "What are stars...?" He whispered raspily.

His head was dizzy with the sudden unknown comparison before he stood up and notice a pedestal. He tilted his head curiously and slowly walked over to the device which shared a similar pattern as displayed on the walls, only these designs shone blue. "...should I touch it...?" His voice was a little raspy for lack of use, which he didn't know. Curiosity got the better of him as he gently placed his hand on the flat top of the pedestal.

In reaction to his touch, parts of the pedestal turned in the center and some of it flipped over, lifting up a rectangular brown object with light orange and blue designs with a bright blue eye in the center. This caused Link to stumble backwards and fall onto his butt.

"That is a Sheikah Slate. Take it. It will help guide you after your long slumber."

The male slowly stood up and walked to the slate, watching the orange lights pulsate on the back of the slate. Out of instinct, he tried to hook it to his waist, and was surprised to actually find that it clipped without effort.

Link quickly went to face the wall that was beginning to move. He slowly went into the other room, previously having been blocked by a wall. Inside of that room was a chest near some boxes and blue torches that gently cut through the fog. There were also some stairs, but the fog blocked his view.

Link's attention was brought onto the chest as he went to lean down to try and take the lock off, which he fumbled with and shortly later went to punch it, sending a vibration through his arm. He began shaking the numbing sensation in his right arm before using his left to pull the lid up after the lock fell off from the punch.

After the numb sensation was gone, he reached inside of the chest to pull out the clump of ragged cloth and old leather. He immediately worked on separating the clump to a pair of well worn shoes, holey pants, though they look like more like capris than pants, a holey shirt, a belt, and a strap to hold something onto his back. He began to put the clothes on before walking down the stairs while clipping the Shiekah Slate to his belt.

Link looked up once he was down the steps and saw a wall with lines going down the pattern of a magnifying glass with an eyeball in the center. They almost appeared like flat columns side by side before Link looked to the left to notice another Pedestal.

"Hold the Shiekah Slate up to the pedestal. That will show you the way."

Link unclipped the device from the belt and looked at the part that was previously black, but now had a faint blue pattern of a magnifying glass with the eyeball in the center, the same as on the weird striped wall, the back of the slate, and in the center of both of the pedestals. He then placed the smooth part almost touching the pedestal, forming a blue glowing ring to appear, expand to the edges of the pedestal, and fade away.

Link then clipped the slate to his belt as the pedestal spoke," authenticating... Shiekah Slate confirmed."

Link heard a click and faint bell sounds within quick spurt and glaced at the striped wall to see the glowing pattern appear in the middle of the wall followed by the pillars slowly rising into the roof to open up a very bright pathway. Link slowly walked to the middle of the opening, shielding his eyes with his hand from the light and squinting, trying to adjust to the sudden change of light.

"Link... You are the light--our light-- that must shine upon Hyrule once again. Now go..."

Link slowly lowered his hand after the voice faded, as did the light in the tunnel to show some weird green thing and something bright blue with white blurs. He shook his head lightly to clear it as he slowly began to descend the stairs leading to a temporary flat portion of the steps with a long puddle that easily went through his shoes. This was right before a crumbled stair well. Link went to put his hands on little grip holes that he found and went to climb up the wall. He pulled himself up fully and began to walk up more stairs to a green ground at the end of the stairs...

Word count: 985

//hey, just a heads up, this is NOT a walkthrough, and I will only be showcasing the 4 major shrines, so do not depend on this for the other 116 shrines. Also, this won't showcase Korok seeds other than one or two moments.

Have a good day,

Fi