From This Day On

*Hello, everybody! Welcome to my first chapter of Bismuth and Pearl! I know some people don't like Bismuth, but to me she is amazing, and her Pearl are great together. This is literally coming from a person who used to like Garnet×Pearl, so yea I've been there. This is my favorite shipping now, Bis is so adorable, and I don't understand why more than one ship these two into a story? Well, now there is! Enjoy!*

***

"Here we are in the future," I heard words being sung from inside the beach house as I just made it back from my morning walk. With it being 6:00 AM, half of the Crystal Gems would be sleep, and some would be busy with a mission. Just from being here for a decade now, I definitely know Garnet would be gone somewhere, and Pearl would be doing a human thing called 'chores'. Now walking up the stairs, I was getting an ear full of the sweet voice, and certainly an eye full of her performance.

"Here we are! Here we are! We've come so farrr!" I chuckled quietly to myself, remembering when Steven thought about building me a room in the temple, but Amethyst quickly shut the idea down.

'You would hate having a room in the temple, Pearl sings everryyy mooorrning. It's so annoying.' I rolled my eyes at the dramatic purple gem. I slightly blushed at the thought of seeing the Pearl she have always known for being a strong, fearless warrior who took crap from no one, to experiencing her voice in the morning. 'I'm cool with that..'

I grinned at the membrane of the gem laughing at my choice, but that day I wouldn't have changed my answer. "Well, isn't this something.." I spoke in a low tone after walking into the beach house making sure the door closed silently. The Pearl dropped her sweeping stick as I caught her in mid-twirl, as she began to loose her balance. I quickly caught before she hit the ground.

Everything soon stopped as we locked eyes, black on blue. I could stare into her eyes for an eternity, until I heard a bird flap by the window, and sadly our trance was broken.

"Bismuth, you startled me, ha. Thank you." She said as she picked up the sweeping stick, and stood it up at her side. It was literally the height from her feet to her shoulders, which I will never understand why, but I'm learning. "I'm getting more clumsy these days."

"No, it was my fault. You were so focused, and into it. You didn't know I was coming, well coming uninvited.." I rambled on before she snickered, and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, please. Bismuth you are always welcomed..as long as you don't mess with my rock collection." She chuckled as I plastered a side grin on my face that gave it all up. She knew what was about to happen now. "Bismuth, don't you dare."

"So, this rock collection, aye. Well, well, let's have a look."I grinned as Pearl tried to stop me with her sweeping stick, which I thought was the cutest thing.. "You might as well stop it, Pearl. I'm going to find it.

***

2:09 PM

I quietly sat on the beach, absorbing all the sun I could get before it left again to welcome night time in. This morning was my main focus as I stared out towards the sparkling blue waters, and lets just say I certainly couldn't ask for anything better. After our small battle of the 'broom', she finally lost to our last match, and gave up her secret hiding place for her rock collection.

She had so many in one collection! All the way from rocks to gems. They were so old and full of sand as if they've been here for the last 6,000 years, and that's when she told me that they were buried in the sand after coming up from the ocean.  "They laid for years until the sand finally took over, they were still drenched when I found them. No ounce of power left in them.."