I guess I must be dreaming about feeling something instead of you

"For the last time, we didn't fuck in the toilet"

"Well, you should've"

I rolled my eyes at Sadie. She brushed a blonde curl from her brow and swallowed another piece of cake. Breakfast at the bakery was the only thing I had in order to prevent an existential crisis.

No sign of Matty, not phisically nor telematic, in my life, for a week.

I felt ridiculous for what I did that night. High, horny and childish, what a shame. I should have thanked him and left the bathroom. If only he didn't touch my leg. If only he didn't stare into my eyes without speaking. Did I think I saw something that never happened? Was it the drugs?

"His girlfriend probably locked him up. If Keith cheated on me, especially if I'm at the same event, I'd punch him in the face" Natalie commented.

Sadie turned up her nose. "Punch him? I'd break up with him. That's what he deserves"

"He didn't cheat" I said.

Sadie rolled her eyes. "I don't sit in a bathroom with a girl, caressing her thigh, if I don't wanna get in her knickers"

"Well, it doesn't matter. Fuck him. Have you read the comments on my Instagram? Now I'll forever be the slut who seduced him, while he's just another victim of the evil vagina. And it's fine, I may be a whore, but why nobody blame him? Ugh, it's another day to hate the patriarchy"

"Fuck what people think" Natalie comforted me. "And fuck Matty Healy"

"I bet she's trying to"

"Shut up, Sadie"

I snorted. Yeah, fuck all this shit. I probably won't see him again.

"And you should tell him tonight when you see him" Natalie continued.

"What?"

"You should tell him that he shouldn't flirt with you if he has a girlfriend. Not at a public event at least"

"No, what do you mean with 'tonight when you'll see him'?"

Natalie looked at me without understanding. "Bea's birthday"

"Who the hell is Bea?"

"Beabadoobee"

"What's that?"

Sadie laughed and I had no idea what Natalie was talking about.

"She's a singer, you mug" Natalie rolled her eyes, styling her long black hair into a braid. A bakery wasn't the best place to play with your hair, I thought. "Keith told me you met her at the after party. You all played karaoke together and she invited you to her birthday"

"Does she have green hair?" I asked, trying to remember, and Natalie nodded.

"And why will Matty be there too?"

"They're really close friends"

"If they're so close why wasn't Matty with her at the after party?" I immediately froze. "Tell me he wasn't there"

Sadie laughed again. "How drunk were you?"

Natalie shook her head. "No, he wasn't there. I mean, Keith told me his band mates were there, but he wasn't"

I left out a sigh of relief. "Okay. So... she invited me to her birthday? She was probably drunk too"

"She invited the whole band. Keith invited me" Natalie responded.

"Hey, I wanna come too" Sadie protested.

"I'm not going. I can't even spell her name. And I don't want to meet Matty again" I said.

Natalie shook her head. "All the boys are going. If you don't then he'll know that it's because of him"

"I don't care if he knows. I bet he doesn't want to see me either"

"Listen, he's been in this industry for a long time" Sadie said. "Do you have any idea how many girls he's talked to, that's been rumoured to be his new girlfriend? He doesn't care about the rumours. And you shouldn't either"

I was about to say something but my phone buzzed for the millionth time.

rick_cliffords sent you a dm

"Ugh, again"

"Who is he now?" Sadie asked.

"I don't know. He followed me a few days ago, liked some of my pics, messaged me. Probably another maniac asking for pictures of my feet"

"Maybe he's the guy who gave you his shirt. Look at what he messaged you"

rick_cliffords: hey Arianna, feel better? Hope to see you tonight at bea's

I scrolled his profile. The guy was a DJ. He had short, brown hair and chocolate eyes.

"He's so fit" Sadie commented. "He's hot!"

I zoomed one of his selfies. Yeah, he was the guy who helped me at the after party and gave me his shirt for reasons unknown.

"It's him, now I remember" I mumbled.

"You'll go to the party" Natalie said.

I rolled my eyes. "I won't"

"You will and you will meet this guy. Fuck Matty Healy" Sadie told me. "Or should I say, don't fuck Matty Healy"