Where do his intentions lay?

I slowly removed my hand from Rick's hair. He took my face into his hands and said something. I couldn't hear him over the music. The music seemed different. The vibe seemed different. I had the feeling something was terribly wrong.

"Can you excuse me?" I confusedly said. I wasn't sure he heard me, cause he grabbed my hands in an attempt to stop me. I protested, I pulled away. I pushed through bodies, trying to find my friends, but they were nowhere to be found. Too many people. None of them looked like Matty. Stop thinking about Matty. I wondered where he went, how long he had been there staring. Just stop thinking about Matty, please, I begged myself.

I heard a voice behind me.

"Ari!"

Sadie hugged me. "I finally found you!"

I buried my face in the crook of her neck, her curls tickled my face. "Sadie, hey, are you okay?"

"I am going to throw up now, Ari" she mumbled.

I backed out. "Not on me, please" I told her, taking her hand and bringing her in the first bathroom I found after checking through the house. I held her hair while she was emptying her stomach. It was disgusting but quite amusing, she wouldn't stop talking even though her mouth was full of shitty vomit.

"Ari?" she said after a while, sitting on the floor, trying to recover.

I got on my knees to look at her. "How you're feeling?"

"Like shit" she replied. "My bisexual ass kinda like Ross. Does he have a girlfriend?"

"Ross as in Ross MacDonald? I have no idea. Make your move and see"

"Maybe in a couple of minutes. Why aren't you with Rick? He's fit"

"I dumped him when he tried to kiss me. He probably thinks I'm crazy"

"Oh, girl, why?"

"I saw Matty"

She giggled. "For fuck's sake, you have a ridiculous crush on him. Go and make your move, please"

"He has a girlfriend" I protested.

"He wrote a song once..."

"Are you a fan?"

"We're in England, darling, we all know The 1975" she said like it was obvious. "Well, he wrote a song once about a girl he liked, but she had a boyfriend. You know what this song is called? Sex"

I rolled my eyes.

"It's just an advice. Follow your crush's advice" Sadie started singing way too loud. "I'm not trying to stop you, love... if we're gonna do anything we might as well just fuck... God, fourteen years old me was shooked, I loved that part"

"Sadie, stop, please"

"I wanna go back out" she stood up, staggering at first. "I'm feeling better. Let's go!"

I was amazed by her capacity to have a break down and literally ten minutes later feel regenerated and charged with energy.

When we left the bathroom, we heard someone singing from the next room.

Curiously, we entered the room to see Matty, his curls all over the place, his shirt unbuttoned, dancing and singing Feel by Robbie Williams on karaoke. He was drunk and was definitely feeling himself. He was such an attention seeking whore. He knew it and loved it. A circle of people had gathered around him, Bea was there too, laughing and clapping her hands. Matty was born to be a frontman, to be looked at, to be admired. Everyone else would have looked ridiculous, shaking their hips and singing Robbie William half drunk. But not him. He looked amazing.