022

"This better be important," I scowled at Sooyoung who had been knocking at my door at two in the morning.

I was already on my bed, too tired with the trip with Jimin's family but then I was awakened by the persistent ringing of my doorbell. If it had been someone else, I wouldn't have had opened my door, and pretended to be continuously sleeping.

But it was Sooyoung. I can complain, but I cannot say no to her.

Because if it was the other way around, I can bet my life that Sooyoung would do the same.

"It is important," she answered with all glee.

I yawned and squinted at her, curious as to how she could still harness all her energy at this ungodly hour.

"Sooyoung, my body is still aching," I confessed to her, "I really want to rest."

"Your body is aching?" she threw my question back at me, "What exactly did you and Jimin do over the weekends?"

I grunted and rolled my eyes at her, "Stop thinking something dirty. We were with his family."

"But it's still possible if you two shared a room..." her words trailed.

"We did share a room, but we didn't do anything stupid, okay?" I immediately answered.

"That's a shame. Aren't you two attracted to each other, at least physically?" Sooyoung continued teasing.

And by the way she chuckled after, I knew that she understood that the answer was written in the way my cheeks blushed and the way I could speak no words to deny her accusations.

"Stop making this about me," I uttered while putting my hands on my hips, "What are you here for?"

She tapped the empty space beside her in the sofa and said, "I have good news."

I took her invitation and sat beside her, perking up my eyebrows as a gesture for her to continue narrating. She took a deep breath before confessing, "I can't sleep."

"That is obvious enough," I spat.

"Let me finish," Sooyoung said, "I can't sleep because I think I'm in love."

I turned my whole body towards her and asked, "With Sungjae?"

"Yes," she nodded with enthusiasm, "Dahyun, I think I'm already committing to something serious. Unlike the other boyfriends I had, I can see our relationship progressing long term. Hell, I can already imagine building a family with him."

My mouth gaped and as I stared at Sooyoung's eyes, I could see nothing but pure and genuine happiness.

"Dahyun, all this time, I've just been looking for a person who could fill-up the empty space beside me, make me feel less lonely, but in Sungjae I found something more. I found someone to fill-up the void that I never knew existed within me. He completes me in a way that I can't explain," Sooyoung explained, with tears of joy forming at the corner of her eyes.

I could do nothing but mirror the smile on her lips and wipe the tears that threatened to fall.

"I never thought I could be this happy," Sooyoung beamed, "And the only explanation that I can find is that I love him. I have fallen in love with Sungjae."

I pulled her in an embrace and Sooyoung gladly reciprocated my hug. Then I whispered in her ears, "I am as grateful and as joyful as you are, Sooyoung. Your happiness is mine as well."

"Thank you, Da," Sooyoung hugged me tighter, "Sorry for bothering you so late. I just needed someone to tell, and I knew that you should be the first one to know."