1

I'm kinda late to the Kimetsu no yaiba train of fanfictions, but hey may as well jump on it now I guess, haha.

———————

"What the.. fuck?"

Sanemi stood there for a moment processing what his eyes were seeing, there in front of him, stood a small child, his guessing that she was only around the age of five, her small hand lightly gripping his sleeve as she gazed up at him with big, innocent, hopeful eyes, though the thing that shocked him the most wasn't the fact that it was past midnight, probably a couple hours at that, and he was in the middle of no where, surrounded by acres of mountains and forestry that he had assumed meant there would be no one around, but was the fact that the child in front of him was covered in blood- well, not covered, but clearly injured to the point of bleeding out.

'The hell is this kid doing out here- actually, the hell is this kid doing out here so injured?' Having just finished a multitude of missions across Japan for the past week, he was already aching to head back to his estate as get some rest so that he'd be able to go back to the front lines again, but it seemed the gods were determined to interrupt his plans.

Sanemi huffed, though he'd never admit it anywhere other then mentally, he did in fact hold a small soft spot for children- keyword here: small, Afterall he was no fool to the fact his loud and aggressive nature would most of the time scare them.

After a moment of near bewildered staring at each other, Sanemi decided against snapping at the young girl in order not to frighten her and spoke up.

"Oi, kid, where's your home?" The wind hashira grunted, the small child stared up at him for a moment, finding his gruff voice comforting, she blinked at him before she pursued her lips, as if thinking what to say.

"H-home.. here! Home! Here home!" The small child chirped, using her admittedly poor language to communicate. Her small balled fists pumping the air as she bounced on the spot, speaking with a smile resting on her face. Sanemi sighed, this wasn't going to be easy..

Sanemi merely clicked his tongue, he really didn't want to waste more time looking after some kid, but alas, it seems he'd have to. "look, where are your parents then?" The child hummed, glancing down to the ground for a moment until she gazed up at him, eyebrows furrowed and confusion etched onto her face.

"Mama-" The small child cut herself off, "M-mather.. gone, fah-er left to.. better place?" The young (h/c) girl spoke slowly, struggling with pronunciation as she tried to speak. Sanemi straightened up at the small child's words, 'gone? better place? must mean dead.' Sanemi noted, going to speak up be stopping himself when he realised the child was about to. The small girl raised her hand to her mouth, making chomping noises before saying; "bad man went and nom nom on her, gone now." Sanemi felt himself freeze for a moment, pity and guilt raising in him at the girl's situation, and seeing how innocent the child was only worsened that emotion of pity in him, until it hit him, 'The kids encountered a fucking demon-'

'And lived.'

He almost wanted to laugh at it, normally he'd think a child so small and innocent as this would be the first to go, but it seemed that was luckily not the case, though, that didn't change the fact the child's family had seemingly been massacred and likely eaten, meaning that she had no where to go. "Do you know where your house is?" He questioned, the child furrowed her brows, glancing all around her until she returned her gaze to meet Sanemi, titling her head. Sanemi groaned, running his hand through his head in frustration while frowning deeply.

This certainly was in interesting situation however, past midnight, tired hashira, small lost injured child, all combining to make one shitshow, or, what Sanemi would call a shitshow anyway.

Pondering his choices for a moment, Sanemi huffed. "Guess there's no other option." He growled to himself, glancing back over at the child still staring up at him, Sanemi's irritation however faltered when another pang of pity hit him. "I'll look after you for now then, but don't get attached." The male sighed, watching as the girl nodding. Reaching down and hooking an arm around the young girl's small frame he pulled her up to be held in his arms, careful not to touch any of the wounds littering her body.

The child rubbed her sore, tried eyes as the Pillar began to continue down the path he was originally going down, glancing at the male holding her before leaning on his shoulder, giving a small yawn that she covered with her hand. Sanemi trained his gaze ahead, not bothering to look at the young girl as he grunted, "Go to sleep." In a more demanding tone then he was originally going for, the child nodded her head against his shoulder, shifting lightly before her eyes fluttered shut and she mumbled out a string of words.

"Night.. night..."

• • •

Sanemi let out a sigh of relief at the fact he was almost at his estate, the sun was due to rise in what he guessed was an hour or two and he'd finally be able to rest, though he wasn't a fool to think he wouldn't have to deal with the child he had found first, though he had wrapped the wounds of the child in bandages when he arrived at the closest village to him when he found her, all he did was stop the bleeding, meaning to have her injuries properly tended to his best bet was to visit Shinobu Kocho, one of his fellow pillars.

Though, visiting another one of his pillars wasn't necessarily something he wanted to- by any means, that is, he knew that if the small child he found was to live, she'd have to be treated.

"What a bother.." Sanemi groaned, glancing down at the small framed girl rest in his arms, "This is causing me more trouble then it's worth." He paused for a moment when he felt the child shift in his grasp, glancing down only for his meet to met with (e/c) ones blinking away sleep.

"Where we?" A tried voice of a child questioned gently, Sanemi resisted the urge to shrug away the child from holding onto him gently as she glanced around, looking in awe at the bright purple flowers blooming on the trees around her.

"Going to the Demon slayer headquarters, it's where my home is." Sanemi answered bluntly, the child nodded slowly before raising her hand and pointing at a Wistera tree.

"What that?"

"A Wistera tree, they surround the headquarters completely and are one of the only things that demons despise." Sanemi huffed, training his gaze forward down the path he was headed, hoping to see a glimpse of the familiar buildings that were his home.

"O-oh.. okie." The young girl glanced up at the male who was holding her, his attention diverted, she rubbed her eyes gently and let out a small yawn, Sanemi sighed once more before speaking.

"Go back to sleep, you'll be woken soon anyway." Sanemi watched as the child nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder as he breaths slowed. 'The hell is this kid so obedient?' Sanemi thought to himself, shaking his head, 'best to focus on getting to the butterfly estate, this kid needs to be treated and I need sleep.'

———————

[Please note that this hasn't been proofread so there will most likely be grammar mistakes, sorry!]

Might add chapter titles in the future, I just quite literally couldn't think of one for this chapter so we'll be going without them for a while, my bad, haha.

Also, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, I haven't wrote for Kimetsu no yaiba type characters before so this is a first for me, any advice on how to improve writing those characters would be appreciated! Also feel free to suggest ideas for future chapters and such, there's really no planned plot for this one compared to how I usually like to go about things because this is more or less just gonna be wholesome interactions for the whole things, haha.

{feedback is appreciated!}