Chapter One Mundane

"Mia, get up! If I have to tell you one more time!" My mother shouts up the stairs with her empty threats, I fail to enlighten her on the fact I heard her the first twelve times she's called me. My alarms have rang in my ears every ten minutes for the past hour or so, slightly muffled now that I stuffed my phone under my pillow. Same routine every morning,except weekends of course- the weekends I treasure.

I must sound pathetically lazy, which in truth, I am. I hate mornings, I hate climbing out of my warm snug bed, and I hate that shrill voice shouting and shouting until I finally find the hidden motivation to drag myself down the stairs. Zombie like, the shuffling, the grunting and of course the bed hair.

I appreciate my last 30 seconds in bed, praying my alarm will not ring again, that I will not have to climb out of my sacred place. But of course I watch my phone switch to 7:30 and I know I'm already running late.

Half an hour later and I am just say acceptable enough to go out for my bus. I don't bother dressing up for college like most girls. A pony tail, some leggings and a baggy jumper will do me. The extra effort is just too much for me this early in the morning. After refusing breakfast I prepare my self for the chilly winds of winter creeping up outside.

Before you judge I am not some dumb dieter, focused on becoming a size six model skipping breakfast. I just don't have the time or the energy to eat on mornings, that is all.

After ten minutes of waiting my bus becomes visible along the road, my hopes of it not turning up today have been shattered. Just like they have been everyday this week. College sucks, it's a stepping stone I'm eager to get past, essential but dreadful. Five more months and I will be free, free, that is until I start my next prison- university. I may be intelligent, but my god my motivation to learn is lacking. Probably something I should work on.

Finding an empty seat on the bus is also a daily struggle, I'm not stuck up or impolite. It's just I prefer to sit alone on this short journey, the school kids who share our bus are just too loud and energetic for my liking. I mean was I that annoying when I was a kid? I insert my headphones and become lost for the next fifteen minutes, hate and detest rising when I see those green gates. I really hate college.

...

This is my first time publishing, so bare with me! I will be updating every few days, enjoy part one!